Please send thoughts and prayers

Sink

TwiSTieholic
Bike
ST 1100
STOC #
One of our members, Curt H, lost his wife today after a long hard battle with cancer. She fought very hard but lost her battle of over 3 1/2 years. Curt hasn't posted many times but I know he was at a few STOC events. Curt contacted me a while back and we have been emailing each other since we are in the same situation with our wives. Curt has been a great friend and support for me. Please send your thoughts and prayers for Curt, his family and his wife Sheila.

Thanks,
Sink

Digiamo

Come play with us, Danny......
Bike
Suzuki DL650
STOC #
Sad news

Curt Hamilton (STOC 2161) rode with me to WeSToc in Moscow, Idaho a few years back.
He and Sheila fought a long battle. Now Curt is without his beloved wife.
Godspeed Sheila,
Dan

Sheila Arlena (Annala) Hamilton of Fitzwilliam died November 18, 2009 at 5:28 PM after a 41 month battle with leiomyosarcoma cancer. She fought a strong fight against an invisible foe, never complaining and maintaining a strong will to live until the sun surrendered the last rays of the day.

I need to remember the day
When we said goodbye for the very last time
There was still so much to say
But time came between us and quietly stole you away

Let me remember the day
We walk to the garden and sit for a while
The hours are slipping away
Still I try to hold them and freeze them in time
So leave me believing we'll meet here again
Promise me some kind of sign

As each day turns into night
I blow out the candle and turn down the sheet
And now that you've risen so high
I know that you watch over me as I sleep
Always believing we'll meet up again
Waiting for some kind of sign

So now I remember the day
When we said goodbye for the very last time
But no one can take you away
'cause here in my memories there's never a very last time
Never a very last time.

Sheila was born in Keene October 7, 1947, daughter of Ernest W. and Helen (Johnson) Annala and lived in Troy, NH, moving to Fitzwilliam, NH, in 1973. She was a graduate of Monadnock Regional High School in 1965 and Keene State College in 1970.

She is survived by her mother of Troy; her husband, Curtis T. Hamilton of Fitzwilliam, who she married May 27, 1967; her children Kara K. Steere and her husband Andrew, of Lyndeborough, NH, Alyson H. Tersigni and her husband Vinnie, of Brookline, NH, and Christopher C. Hamilton and his companion Ann McClening of Richmond, NH; and her grandsons Avery C. Steere and Kellen H. Steere of Lyndeborough; her sister Nancy C. Methe and her husband Michael of Fitzwilliam; a niece Alissa, a great nephew Tyler; her uncle and aunt Fred and Helvi Annala, and many cousins.

In tears, we watched her sinking,

We watched Her fade away;

Our hearts were almost broken,

She fought so hard to stay.

But when we saw her sleeping,

So peaceful and free from pain;

We could not wish her back,

To suffer that again.

It broke our hearts to lose her,

But she did not go alone;

For part of us went with her,

The day that God called her home.

Her life was her family, especially time spent with Grandsons Avery and Kellen. She deeply enjoyed every visit or telephone call, as well as family vacations to the coast of southern Maine, winter snowstorms (as long as electricity was not lost), motorcycle rides, dining out, Kimball?s Ice Cream, her close friends, the Boston Red Sox, political TV, full moons, and Jimmy Stewart movies.

And when one of us is gone
And one of us is left to carry on
Then remembering will have to do
Our memories alone will get us through
Think about the days of me and you
Of you and me against the world

Services and burial will be private.

In lieu of flowers, contributions may be made in Mrs. Hamilton?s memory for cancer research to: Friends of Norris Cotton Cancer Center, 2010 Green Mountain Motorcycle Ride for Cancer Research, One Medical Center Drive, Lebanon, NH 03756-0745; Dana-Farber Cancer Institute The Jimmy Fund, 10 Brookline Place, 6th Floor, Brookline, MA 02445-9924; or Home Healthcare, Hospice & Community Services, PO Box 564, Keene, NH 03431.

I?ll be seeing you

In all the old familiar places

That this heart of mine embraces

All day and through

In that small caf?

The park across the way

The children?s carousel

The chestnut trees, the wishing wells

I?ll be seeing you

In every lovely summer?s day

In everything that?s light and gay

I?ll always think of you that way

I?ll find you in the morning sun

And when the night is new

I?ll be looking at the moon

But I?ll be seeing you

In the arms of an Angel; may you find some comfort here

You're in the arms of an Angel; may you find some comfort here

God Speed?

Just you know why
why you and I
will by and by
know true love ways

Sometimes we'll sigh
sometimes we'll cry
but you'll know why
just you and I
know true love ways

Throughout the days
those true love ways
will bring us joys to share
with those who really care

Sometimes we'll sigh
sometimes we'll cry
but you'll know why
just you and I
know true love ways

Curt

John Anthony

Bike
'03 ST1300A
STOC #
Jay,

Sorry to hear of the news of Sheila's passing. Maggie and I will keep their family in our thoughts and payers.

John

STOC #
Re: Sad news

God bless you. You are a friend indeed.
I hope Curt is OK. 41 months of watching your beloved spouse slowly drift off is got to be a terrible emotional strain.
I am sure the memories will get sweeter over time.

Bike
Goldwing
Will do. I know many of us deal with these things in our own families and extended families. We lost another of our former co-workers (retiree) this past week from this dreaded condition as well. I'll think of Curt's family at this time.

And you're certainly returning the friendship by supporting him.

Mark

Gotta make tracks
Bike
KTM 525exc
STOC #
Thoughts and prayers for Curt, family and of course Sheila.

Mark and Chris

Mellow

Joe
Admin
Bike
'21 BMW R1250RT
2024 Miles
Curt and his family/friends will be in our thoughts.

Bike
04 ST
We know words fall short in this case. Be assured our prayers have been offered already. Our faith keeps us looking forward to the great future we will have together with loss loved ones. So very sorry. ic

Prayers and condolences to Curt and his family. At least Sheila is no longer in pain. This dreaded disease seems to be everywhere...impacting SO many!

womantriker

STOC #
Curt and I go back to '03 when I met him at a NeSTOC in Old Forge, NY. I didn't get the chance to meet Sheila until about 4 years later when I visited with them prior to attending a FallSTOC. Sheila was a wonderful person and I will never forget the hospitality she and Curt extended during my visit. The three of us took a day ride up into Maine and it was a wonderful day.

God Speed Sheila............

John OoSTerhuis

Life Is Good!
Bike
1991 SSMST1100
STOC #
I talked Curt into his first STOC event, NESTOC '00, and we've been friends since. I was stunned when I opened his email and learned of his beloved Sheila's passing. I had so hoped for a different outcome following his last message earlier this year. Sadly, we now share another life's experience.

I've written Curt directly so will only add here - when I joined this great on-line community of STriders over 11 years ago, I surely didn't imagine the depth of friendships, community, family... that I would experience. Joys... and also the sorrows.

Godspeed, Sheila

Top Bottom