Plug for Powerlet (pun intended)

STRider

Site Supporter
Bike
2012 ST1300A
STOC #
Late last year @Ryan_B gifted me the socket and bracket portion of a Powerlet (PKT-028) Honda ST1300 2002 - 2007 Dual Rear Kit. (Amazon link because Powerlet no longer produces it).

1644564059853.png

It was missing the harness to connect it to the bike and I was having a lot of trouble sourcing the specific connector and terminals needed to connect to what remained so I could build my own harness.

I visited their current website and found that this product isn't current, so I sent them a message via their "Contact Us" page. A short while later I received a reply from Jake asking me to call their 800 number to discuss what I needed, which I did this past week.

I explained how I came to get the sockets and bracket for the ST1300 and that I only needed the connector and terminals to make my own harness. He just said, "I can whip one up for you" and asked for a mailing address. I gave him that and asked what this would cost. "No charge."

Today I received the harness along with an extra connector and terminals that I can use to wire those sockets into a fuse panel I intend to add later.

What great customer service! Now I'm giving them the best word-of-mouth advertising that any company can wish for. Thanks Jake. Oh and thanks @Ryan_B too!

Powerlet Reacquired by Original Founders

amorley

Site Supporter
Bike
2015 BMW K1600GTS
2024 Miles
SPOT
LINK
Great news to hear that they plan to re-open the business. I have always liked their products. Even though they went out of business, BMW still uses the design of the powerlet outlet sockets on their bikes as standard.

Bike
ST1100(s), Nortons,
I've been using what I think are Hella designed DIN plugs and sockets since the early '70's. They were also made at that time by a UK company called Britax. The same plug is used on John Deere tractors and is appreciably cheaper than the powerlet part, but just the simple plug and sockets. Just a superb connection system.

Top Bottom