Plug in PR GT4

Bike
2007 GL1800
STOC #
So, what's the worst that could happen if the plug fails? Or, is it that people are afraid that it will somehow damage the tire?

drrod

Site Supporter
Bike
'04 ST1300
STOC #
I am in the same boat. Rear PR4GT with less than 100 miles on it got a puncture. It was the last ride of the season last fall. I plugged it and it held air fine all winter. I am about to embark on a 6-7k trip, half of it 2 up. I was going to change it out but decided not to. I figured the odds of it failing are about the same as picking up a new puncture (not sure how I came up with those odds). I have had good luck with gummy worm plugs. I also thought that if the plug failed, I could just replug it.
Wish me luck!

Rod

T_C

Bike
2005 St1300
STOC #
I figured the odds of it failing are about the same as picking up a new puncture (not sure how I came up with those odds). I have had good luck with gummy worm plugs. I also thought that if the plug failed, I could just replug it.
Wish me luck!

Rod
Wish you luck... and I'm with you. A patch failing has equal odds as a fresh new manor puncture. Patches can be redone and are cheaper than a new tire.

OP
OP
Tdinova
Bike
'07STA
STOC #
Well there you go.. The rear tire was losing air lately so I done the windex trick... The black plug had a very small leak. I pushed the black plug in with the rasp file that comes with the plug kit and put a RED plug in it... HERE we go again... I should have taken a picture of the black leaking... oh well

Last edited:
OP
OP
Tdinova
Bike
'07STA
STOC #
My new red plug to be holding up much better than the black plug. Last week I went for a 521km trip to the Bay of Fundy shore, down to Yarmouth and home. Yesterday me and a friend on a 2008 Hayabusa drove from 6:15am to 9:30pm to The Cabot Trail and back 1169 km. Here are some pictures of the Cabot Trail trip

I would like to do the Prince Edward Island run in 2 weeks time. Pictures to follow

Top Bottom