Portland Storage

Bike
ST1100A
I need a place to store my bike in the Portland area with an outlet for my battery maintainer. I have a son living in the area and will use the bike a few times a year when visiting. Any suggestions? The storage unit places don't have power.

TPadden

Tom Padden
I need a place to store my bike in the Portland area with an outlet for my battery maintainer. I have a son living in the area and will use the bike a few times a year when visiting. Any suggestions? The storage unit places don't have power.
Uh, leave the bike in the storage unit and the battery at your son's??? :doh1:

Tom

Reactions: Obo
OP
OP
Bike
ST1100A
That's one option, but with all the wires attached to my battery it is a PITA to remove and replace. Also, since I only ride it a few times=es a year, that takes from my saddle time.

Bike
2006 ST1300A
2024 Miles
This small solar panel is all that you would need. You could mount it to the top of the top box, or if it is in a storage unit run a long wire up to the roof. I have used one similar to this for the past 20 years on my CJ7. I fire it up twice a year and drive it around the block just to keep the oil moved around. Otherwise it just sits collecting cob webs. If your son is at the university you could just get a parking permit and keep it covered (with a solar panel) in the student parking lot..... Two of my kids graduated from UP.

TPadden

Tom Padden
This small solar panel is all that you would need. You could mount it to the top of the top box, or if it is in a storage unit run a long wire up to the roof.
He did pooh pooh pulling the battery due to it cutting into his "saddle time" and you want to hook up an installed battery to solar in the very iffy NW? "The west coast cities of Portland and Seattle top the list of cloudiest large cities in the United States." :) https://www.currentresults.com/Weather-Extremes/US/cloudiest-cities.php

Most commercial storage facilities (even climate controlled ones) will nix ANY power to a storage unit ... because it's the first step in their then having to evict people living in them. :rofl1:

Seems to me, if he doesn't want to pull the battery he's pretty much limited to having someone provide/ rent private garage or shed space to him. Son should ask around or post a couple wanted cards on neighborhood bulletin boards.

Tom

Last edited:
Top Bottom