Post Your Funny ATGATT Encounters!

Bike
2000 ST1100 ABS TCS
STOC #
With my modular helmet flipped up, I've taken to removing only my gloves when stepping into the grocery or convenience store or where ever. Also now wearing my day-glo green hi-vis Motorport mesh jacket and black pants.

Week before last, standing in line at Walmart somewhere in Missouri, two young ladies come up to me and ask if I'm a cop?? I reply, "No, fireman," with a straight face. They accepted that 100%. :rofl1:

970mike

Mike Brown
Site Supporter
Bike
07 & 12 ST1300A
SPOT
LINK
STOC #
Week before last, standing in line at Walmart somewhere in Missouri, two young ladies come up to me and ask if I'm a cop?? I reply, "No, fireman," with a straight face. They accepted that 100%. :rofl1:
George did you take one of my turnout coats??? LOL!!!!

BakerBoy

It's all small stuff.
STOC #
Last week some of you were following the ongoing saga of the Indian Gulch Fire, which brought evacuations and many firemen were positioned on our street. While I was away on business travel, Nick/NoBull kindly came to my house and rode my ST away to store in a safer spot (in case the house burned down). When I got back from travel, I had to get the bike back home from Nick's place in order to leave the next morning for the Hutchinson RTE.

So when we were leaving my house to go to Nick's, my wife steps out of the front door of the house, me following her fully geared up (helmet in hand) with my high vis. Many neighbors were outside talking with each other about the fire or chatting with firemen. As she and I walked down the front steps and towards her vehicle, the entire neighborhood stopped and stared. Not a word, but just funny stares. She gets in the drivers seat, me the passenger seat, and we leave.

Thinking about what they each must have been thinking was humorous. "Oh, I didn't know he was a firemen. No wonder there are so many firemen protecting our houses!", or "That floozie! With a fireman?!", or "Dressed for a crash...He must not trust his wife's driving?!" ...

The Cheese

This is by far the funnest thing I have read on here yet. All this time I thought I was the only one catching heat bout my gear. I have had the usual comments from non riders and cruiser types. My normal response is "I would rather sweat than bleed" Or "I care too much about my safety, and my family to get hurt needlessly." That shuts em up. I hope it gets them thinking too.

I will have to remember "I fall off alot" Have to. I almost fell out of my chair.

Shalom

Bike
st1300
My friends wife saw me coming up as we were meeting up for dinner as couples.

She said " considering your tongue is not as long as Gene Simmons, the nylon suit looks like a good alternative...". We all laughed, but evidently your tongue is one of the fastest, if not fastest healing part of your body (she is a nurse) and advised that is true.

Bike
2003 ST1300
I'm so used to criticism that I don't fire back too often, but one line I sometimes use that I got from another rider years ago is:
"I haven't found the pavement to be softer when it is hot outside"
I actually just used that one Sunday at the Vortex in Little 5 Points in response to a sport bike rider stating "it's a little hot for jackets today".

Speaking of that, I actually saw a monotracer while I was there, very wild.

Top Bottom