Potential Rides - Seattle Area

Bike
F900 XR
2024 Miles
You could consider this a feeler, rather than an event. If there's interest, I'll make a separate thread.

Hurricane Ridge opened up a couple days ago. The lodge burned, so they are limiting access to the area based on toilet facilities. I guess the rangers have forgotten what trees are. ;) If I go, I plan to ride to the trailhead at Hurricane Ridge and spend a few hours there before heading down and home. You can look north and into Canada. If you look south, you'll see places where no human has walked. And the road to get there is one of the best.

I haven't been to Artist Point on Mt. Baker this year, believe it or not. This is perhaps my favorite ride and I'll often do it a couple times as the seasons change. You are literally parking on the ridgeline between Mt. Shuksan and Mt. Baker. Many motorcyclists will ride up the road for the technical riding thrill...it gets more and more twisty as you gain elevation...and then turn around when they reach the top. I won't. The scenery is drop-dead gorgeous and pictures just don't do it justice. One of the most incredible places to go to. And no sweat is involved. It is worth taking a walk to either Mt. Shuksan or Mt. Baker to see things you can't see anywhere else.

I'm also looking at riding out to Cape Flattery on the Olympic Peninsula. This would be a long day for most. Nine hours of riding from my place, not counting breaks, gas, food, etc. It is the furthest northwest tip of the contiguous United States. Isolated. Twisty roads. And great scenery at the destination.

My preference is to go on either a Monday or Friday. Traffic is so much less, and the ride is far more enjoyable.

Is anyone interested? A "Like" doesn't do it for me. You can be in Florida and "like" this post...and have no intention of making one of these rides. :) Not to say you can't come, but I'm trying to gauge the interest in making an "event" and waiting with baited breath for someone to reply.

Again, anyone interested? I will go, whether you do or not. If you chose to not go, it's your loss. ;)

Chris

Bike
2001 ST1100
STOC #
I've never been to Artist's Point on a bike so I would be up for that. Also would be up for Hurricane Ridge. The road to Sunrise on Mt. Rainier just opened so that's another good ride.

Sounds like a good ride. depends of course on when. I am old and retired but like my younger years I can still be flexible. There is a good restaurant over Chinook pass called Whistlin' Jacks that has been redone into a really nice and classy place too. The state of Washington has so many places to go that are inviting to ride. We could form a eastside riding group almost.

Obo

Bike
'03 ST1300A
@Daboo Perhaps put a poll at the top for those who are interested? A bit better than going by "likes" as you mentioned.

We could form a phone tree that when someone is going out for a ride somewhere just call around and see who can go even if they aren't going the whole way. Don't need a large group for a good days ride. Toss in a couple of preplanned road trips to meet up with the eastern WA riders for an afternoon of boasting about how good we ride. Probably a thread will do exactly what your talking about.

JohnK

Site Supporter
Bike
2012 ST1300a
STOC #
I've never been to Artist's Point on a bike so I would be up for that. Also would be up for Hurricane Ridge. The road to Sunrise on Mt. Rainier just opened so that's another good ride.
Me too. I’ve been up tho mt Baker camping, might have gone that way once with the son in law. Choices choices

Bike
'93 ST1100
I am up for WA rides! Weekends only, until I have three weeks vacation in Aug-September.

Bike
'93 ST1100
I put together a ride several years ago for some friends. Forts and Ferries- a tour around the Sound that stopped at all the forts. 4 of them maybe? I can't remember. Fun day, though.

Top Bottom