Powertex lifepo4 starting battery, not mentioned anywhere or an ST owners until now.

wjbertrand

Ventura Highway
I put a Scorpion LiFePO4 in my Super Ténéré 3 years ago and it’s going strong. It uses the same battery as the ST1300. Most impressive was that after sitting 3 months while I recovered from knee replacement surgery, the bike started right up immediately.

OP
OP
moddy

moddy

the mod
Bike
05 ST1300
STOC #
Received the PTZ14S from an eBay supplier.
Though it is a 6ah battery, it's job is to turn over the engine so the alternator can supply power to the electrical system, was not bothered by it's ah rating lower than lead acid.
The documentation includes that it is equal to the oe battery I used to have.
2.2 lbs, will make you laugh when you pick it up, expecting a normal weight of lead acid.
It arrived with several pads to help secure it in place to it's normal dimension oe batteries.
Once secured in place, a test start revealed approximately 3 revolutions of the starter and it came to life.

Im looking to purchase another one of these powertex batteries, i've spoken to them on the phone and seem very friendly and more importantly...local. From what i understand the difference in Ah between lithium and AGM is because of the voltage curve, if im not mistaken the lithium batteries stay above 12V for most of it's capacity compared to AGM.

Top Bottom