PR2 very noisy!!!

Dave Tracy

Zeus
Bike
06 ST1300
My PR2's make a lot of noise. The only time they are quiet is if I am straight up. As soon as I lean at all they hum. I hate this noise. I have 4300 miles on them. I also have noticed that when I roll the bike it feels like it has knobs. Any tire quiet for the life of the tire??? They stick very well but are loud!!!

TMUS

MSF Instructor 32 years
Bike
2006 ST1300a(Marvin)
STOC #
I have not noticed any noise from my PR2's, and I don't even try to hear them, not a concern to me, I have other things to worry about. :smile:

STOC #
I have had mine on for 2000 miles and the front tire seems to make alot of noise. The noise is very annoying and loud. I don't hear the back tire.

I love these tires! If they are noisy I've never heard them and I don't wear ear plugs. On my 3rd set and they are great in the rain, the twistys and I get over 15K on them so.........................that's good enough for me!

Bob

PopJack

Die young, after a long life.
Bike
2005 ST1300
STOC #
I found mine noisy on certain types of pavement. I use earplugs, however, and they never bother me.
Posted via Mobile Device

BakerBoy

It's all small stuff.
STOC #
I put a new set of PR2's on a month ago... on my very first ride I noticed how noisy they were (I hate that buzz). They stick well and wet traction is great. Now they've ~4.2k mi on them, with a touch more noise, but I've just resolved myself to it.

Dinkie Diesel

------------Jeff------------
Bike
2013 GL1800
I've come to the unhealthy conclusion that NEW tires are where it's at! Anything brand new feels and sounds good. Let'em get a cupla thou on them and it a whole different can of worms. My PR2's were noisy and had the same feeling DT refers to as having knobs after 4,000 miles or so. When they were brand new I thought they were the cat's meow. Now I have BS 020's and now I think they are the da bomb.

After taking off the old PR2 rear with ~11,000 miles on it, I pushed on the center of the tire (center of the tread) and couldn't believe how soft and pliable the carcass is. It felt about as thick as those big balloons you used to buy that you bounce on. Now I'm thinking it was never intended to have a 700lb bike and 300lb rider rolling around on it?

They are sticky. They do last. Now if they didn't cup, which makes the noise, they'd be pert near great!

970mike

Mike Brown
Site Supporter
Bike
07 & 12 ST1300A
SPOT
LINK
STOC #
Wow I sure love my PR'2s I have 8000 miles on them they are wearing very well and do not make any noise. They also work well in all weather conditons. I will be putting on another set when these wear out!!

:usflag1:

sherob

Old Herder of cats.
Bike
21 HD FLHXS (SGS)
STOC #
They like to sing... they are soft, hence they stick! But they are, to me, no where as noisey as PR's were ;)

I'm thinking I'll try some Strada's next... hear they are real sticky wet/dry... and not as noisey... cheaper... won't get the same mileage as the PR2's... but cheaper :)

indypup

Accidents HURT! Safety doesn't
Bike
2007 ST1300
STOC #
I just put a set of PR2's on about 1K ago. No noise or cupping yet. I'm very happy so far with the tires. I guess we'll see how the next 10K go. ;)

Anyone notice that the front tire tread looks like it runs backwards? It looks like it would channel water to the center of the tire...

Top Bottom