PR2's Update

Bike
2008 ST1300A
Hi Guys.
I previously reported that I was having problems with my PR2's insofar that to me they felt unstable on sweepers taken at around 60 MPH. They felt like the back end was about to let go - squirmy.
Tried all sorts of fix including tyre pressures, suspension settings and weight distribution to no avail.
I have replaced these tyres after 1500 miles infavour of Metzeller Z6 inters. Instance fix.
In checking with my Tyre dealer I learned that police testing on heavy bikes found the same problem. My riding weight for myself, wife and touring luggage is around 200KG (420 pounds). Apparently the rear tyre on the PR2's tend to flex thus causing the problem. A lighter rider or a single rider may not suffer this problem. I am informed that the PR2's are superb on lighter applications.
Anyhow, love the Metzellers and hope this helps.
Safe riding to all.

Bike
'07 ST1300
It may be a combination of things. I did not like the PR2's handling until I upgraded the suspension. Very good tire. They do feel squirmy on the transition from the hard center to the soft side for the first 2k miles. They did on my FZ1 too.

Bill

zookmor

'04 919
Bike
Honda 919
I have PR2s, but I ride a 919, and Have no problems. However my bike weight is roughly at 450 and riding weight is either 210, or 350 depending on passenger or not. Never had a problem pushing the tires and got 9.5k on them so far, and plenty left.

I am just curious if its a difference in bike weight and characteristics.

Bike
2005 ST1300
I'm fat and so is my bike.

I never had any issue with the PR2s..They did wear so the cords in the softer side but not after what I would consider a short life.
I think I will go back to the PRs because of the way the PR2 wore down.

Dinkie Diesel

------------Jeff------------
Bike
2013 GL1800
I concur with the squirmy rear end. At 10,000 miles mine don't feel squirmy any more but the tread is almost gone.

Top Bottom