PR6 Rear

Wow - don't remember spending that much on a rear ... (ST or Gold Wing)

Side thought ... the PR6 is not available as a GT, right ? (As per suggested fitment)

STFlips

Site Supporter
Bike
2001 ST1100A
Yes that is a comparable Michelin price to my local guy GP Bikes, but he has no stock,
Pete's Superbikes didn't have a price published, guess you have to enquire, but the Roadsmart pair I bought last year were about the price of one Michelin :rolleyes:

STOC #
Yes that is a comparable Michelin price to my local guy GP Bikes, but he has no stock,
Pete's Superbikes didn't have a price published, guess you have to enquire, but the Roadsmart pair I bought last year were about the price of one Michelin :rolleyes:
How have the dunlops been?

STFlips

Site Supporter
Bike
2001 ST1100A
I bought them last year in anticipation I would need them before season's end, but just installed them this week. First big trip next month and then I can offer an opinion. PS previous rubber was Battleax.

dduelin

Tune my heart to sing Thy grace
Site Supporter
Bike
GL1800 R1200RT NC700
2024 Miles
STOC #
Thoughts on value and worth are going to be all over the place. So many rider variables and budgets. I haven't run the Road 6 (they are not called Pilot Road 6s or PR 6s, Michelin has moved beyond the Pilot Road series with the Road 5s four years ago) but as long as I can get Road 5s I have no reason to look elsewhere. On my RT they go nearly twice the distance as any sport touring tire I ran in the past while delivering confidence during any situation I have asked of them, wet or dry, cold or hot, fast or slow. After three sets on that bike I am confident of getting more than 13,000 out of a rear and 10-12,000 out of a front. They are expensive but cost per mile isn't out of line with Bridgestone or Dunlop offerings. I have been able to buy in the late winter the last couple of years and get rebates and free mounting. Now the NC is on a set. I believe the newest Road 6 would be comparable and it's middle hard compound section is actually a little wider than the Road 5's suggesting comparable mileage. The current rear R6 is at 15,300 miles and still has 2/32" on centerline with no scalloping or feathered wear.

IMG_3130.jpg

Bike
2021 R1250RT
I bought them last year in anticipation I would need them before season's end, but just installed them this week. First big trip next month and then I can offer an opinion. PS previous rubber was Battleax.
Are they Roadsmart 3s?

Sunday Rider

Site Supporter
Bike
1997 ST1100
STOC #
I use Pete’s Superbikes as well for the last few years. You can also call them. If the price isn’t on there, you can request with text or email and usually get a response in 3-5 minutes.

Top Bottom