Prayers for my wife and family.

carpdm

Site Supporter
STOC #
About 2 and a half years ago my wife was diagnosed with Parkinson's. The disease effects everyone differently. Her's has been very aggressive and recently, testing confirmed she has MSA. My daughter has been a trouper. My son's relationship with his mom was already strained and now, for several reasons, they no longer communicate. He has his own issues, demon's to deal with.

I have not met many of you on this forum. Yet, I admire the closeness of this community and look forward to the day I can attend several of the STOC events. For now, my time spent on this forum is a brief respite from the daily challenges of a caregiver, husband and father.

Please keep in your prayers; my wife so she may handle the progression of MSA; my son so he finds the courage to deal with his demons; my daughter so she remains positive; and me so I find the strength and patience to be the best caregiver I can be.

God bless you,
Tom

Mellow

Joe
Admin
Bike
'21 BMW R1250RT
2024 Miles
You got it Tom, hoping they will handle the challenges ahead with the same strength you show as a husband and father.

Bike
2000 ST1100
Yes I will. And remember with God all things are possible. So may he give you the strength to endure.

SupraSabre

48 Years of SoCal Lane Splitting/Commuting-Retired
Site Supporter
Bike
12/04 ST 1300s
2024 Miles
STOC #
Really sorry to hear it!

Prayers for you, your wife and family!

I had an uncle with it, he passed away a couple of years ago and had suffered with it for like 30 years, he was in his 80's.

I also have a Brother in Law and a Sister in Law that both have it. Other than the uncle, the other two are not blood related to me, nor each other.

So yes, it can hit families pretty hard!

Whooshka

Fairly faST old guy
Bike
2006 ST1300
Sending prayers for The good lord to grant your family strength to get you thru this tough time.

bdalameda

PaleoCyclist
Bike
Africa Twin
So sorry Tom - I can tell you having experienced some very difficult times myself, even when things seem so impossible to see a good outcome - things can change for the better, sometimes very rapidly. I don't know your spiritual beliefs but I can say that even just taking the time to reflect and inside just ask for help when you need it can make all the difference. I will keep you and your family in my thoughts.

Dan

ibike2havefun

Still above the sod
Site Supporter
Bike
Bikeless (9/29/2019)
STOC #
Wow, that's more than your fair share of adversity to deal with. I'll add my voice to the chorus of well wishers and those expressing sympathy, empathy, and support. You are among friends here, and definitely not alone though it may often seem like it. That knowledge has been of tremendous value to me at times; I hope you take some measure of similar comfort.

Bike
VStrom 650
Tom, thoughts and prayers are with you all.
Has Keith succinctly put it, you're amongst friends here.
It couldn't have been easy to tell us your woes, but you can be assured we'll be with you along the way.
God bless.
Upt'North.

Bike
2007 ST 1300
Thoughts and prayers for you and yours - my father-in-law succumbed to Parkinson’s after a long battle. I think the medical field has made much progress since then and I hope they are able to improve the quality of your lives .
As a caregiver for both my parents at different times - mother with terminal cancer and father with all the issues of a 90 year old under the umbrella of dementia/Alzheimer’s I can sympathize and agree with Dan’s comments above - don’t be afraid to ask for help . It is also important to find some time for yourself - however minimal that may be - and try to enjoy it as best you can . Everyone needs to come up for air now and then.
I also hope your son is able to get the help he needs . I have unfortunately watched several friends , family and coworkers battle addiction. All but one were eventually able to beat it with help , but each one had to hit their personal rock bottom before turning around. The one who didn’t beat it flat out refused to be helped .
Sounds like your daughter is your ally in this - May you both find continued strength, courage and optimism.

sirepair

Let's RIDE!
Site Supporter
Bike
2003 ST1100P
STOC #
Tom, I know too well where you are at. My father passed from Parkinson's about 5 years ago, and my father-in-law is fighting it now.

You ST-Owners virtual family is here to help however we can!

Gus1300

Site Supporter
Bike
04 1300A
You're in thoughts on this end as well. And glad you find the site a refreshing respite when able; there's a quiet comfort in knowing you belong to a group, even an anonymous one, that has a common interest, and by the comments above, many common experiences as well. Don't be afraid to reach out, even if just to talk. Best of luck as you move forward.

Bike
Suzuki Gladius
Tom, I'm saddened to know you're having to deal with all of this. I know how hard and utterly exhausting being a caregiver is; I've been through it as well with my mum, who had severe dementia and was constantly aggressive, combative and angry. It was unbelievably tough and heartbreaking.
I am holding you and your family in my thoughts. Wishing you strength.

Patty

Wes

Site Supporter
Bike
07 ST1300, DRZ400S
Blessings to you, your dear wife, and your family! May the faithful God of your past, be the sustaining God of your present, and the sovereign God of your future!

Sovereign -
Chris Tomlin | Jason Ingram | Jonas Myrin | Martin Chalk | Matt Redman

Sov'reign in the mountain air
Sov'reign on the ocean floor
With me in the calm
With me in the storm
Sov'reign in my greatest joy
Sov'reign in my deepest cry
With me in the dark
With me at the dawn

In Your everlasting arms
All the pieces of my life
From beginning to the end I can trust You
In Your never-failing love
You work ev'rything for good
God whatever comes my way I will trust You

All my hopes all I need
Held in Your hands
All my life all of me
Held in Your hands
All my fears all my dreams
Held in Your hands

CCLI Song # 6453309
© 2012 Atlas Mountain Songs (Admin. by Capitol CMG Publishing)
For use solely with the SongSelect®. Terms of Use. All rights reserved. www.ccli.com
CCLI License # 295302

Top Bottom