Prices released on new Kawasaki Concours 14

It will be interesting to see how it goes. Wet weight of 308kgs seems to put it a bit heavier than the FJR, which is its real competitor. Definitely not a concours replacement with those specs..torque back limiting clutch etc etc more like a sports bike.

Ken

Bike
2009 Goldwing
STOC #
I'd never buy the C14 in its first production year, but it looks to me like they did their homework and built a bike that can fit the market -- lighter, faster, less expensive and more amenities. It's going to get thrown into the comparo lists for many buyers. And you can bet that aftermarket goodies will hit quickly -- pipes, seats, frame sliders, etc. I can't wait to test drive one, next year.

Bike
2012 Kawasaki C14
STOC #
Looks like the pillion seat has a bunch of forward lean to it. I think it would look better if they made the saddlebags look more like part of the bike instead of making it look like they just slapped them on after the fact. Thats one of the reasons I choose the ST over the FJR when I started looking.

Mellow

Joe
Admin
Bike
'21 BMW R1250RT
2024 Miles
I like all the display options... Hate the look... the price is nice... I think this bike will pull more away from the FJR than the ST. Lack of tip over bars and the price of this bike is a non-issue as the first drop will bring it right back into ST-price range.. Just an opinion of course.

Ken

Bike
2009 Goldwing
STOC #
Looks like the pillion seat has a bunch of forward lean to it. I think it would look better if they made the saddlebags look more like part of the bike instead of making it look like they just slapped them on after the fact. Thats one of the reasons I choose the ST over the FJR when I started looking.
That's a good thought. I wonder what it looks like without the panniers attached. The FJR looks nice without them, the ST does not IMO.

I had been waiting for the C14 to hit the showrooms as promised in March, then delay after delay, led me back to the ST. Personally I'm thankful for that now. I don't think the C14 will hold a candle to the ST. I've sat on all three looked at the C14 up close and personal. It really looks better in person. I think the aftermarket will have a dual exhaust for it in no time. The extra ponies are nice, but how much is enough? I've ridden my brothers FJR and I don't feel any difference between the ST and the FJR until you hit about 110mph. then the FJR has a little more punch. I think the C14 will be the same. I like the guages, tire pressure monitor and keypass, but it's also more stuff to break.

I sat on it again at Americade this past weekend, they had an updated chart standing next to it, weight was listed at 587lbs. dry.

Mellow

Joe
Admin
Bike
'21 BMW R1250RT
2024 Miles
It would HAVE to!!! :eek:

And leave it to a 'Winger to "like all the displays options". :rolleyes: Whoops, did I say that out loud? :cool: Just funnin', Joe.
Hey, I can't help it... but, there are some here with more gadgets and displays than a Wing... :nuts1:

NCrider

Andrew Seawell
Bike
'05 ST1300A
STOC #
Is it me or are there heat shield on the bottom of both bags?

Did they plan on making it dual exhaust and change it?

I really don't care for the looks of the bags at all, too much like an after-thought.

Sink

TwiSTieholic
Bike
ST 1100
STOC #
Personally, I LOVE the looks of it. It's definatly not a bike most will recognize! That's some of the coolness of the ST.

I sat on an FJR this last weekend and really liked the seating position! Kinda like my ST with risers. I figured it would be more forward.... If the C14 is anything like that, I would consider it in a few years... maybe... against the NEW ST2300! 400 lbs! Cruise, tire monitor, gear indicator, seat options, CB, stereo w/ XM and mp3, heated seats and grips, airconditioning, frige....... etc.....

Bike
2012 Kawasaki C14
STOC #
NEW ST2300! 400 lbs! Cruise, tire monitor, gear indicator, seat options, CB, stereo w/ XM and mp3, heated seats and grips, airconditioning, frige....... etc.....
That sounds like a Honda ACCORD. :rolleyes:

Last edited:

Mark

Gotta make tracks
Bike
KTM 525exc
STOC #
Actually, it's more like the WINGabago!
News flash...
---
Sink becomes moderator at ST-Owners.com; Mellow expects Sink to really clean up.
---

We now return you to your regularly scheduled C14 discussion.

Top Bottom