Pride comes before a tip over

It has been a really good day, took the bike to work this morning and had a good run in, managed to touch a toe for the first time on the ST through a long fast bend. After four months and 3000 miles really beginning to relax and enjoy the ride. Feeling good.
Got home at lunch time and watched F1 qualifying, excellent. Cleaned both the cars and then got the bike out to give it a quick rinse and remove the insect collection. Thinking how easy it is to move the bike around now on the slopes and gravel that form my drive compared to the early concerns when I first bought her home. Thought I would just pop her up on the centre to make it easier to clean. She never got beyond halfway, centre stand sank on one side and the bike was falling away from me, no chance, she was down.
Whilst this was my first tip over, having read all of the related posts I had obviously given it some consideration to what to do if/when it happened and so decided I would lift her like I did my Goldwings on the couple of times they had got out of hand, crouch down with your back to the bike, bum into the seat, grab what you can and walk backwards until upright. That did not happen, the angle of landing is different and I could not get far enough underneath to lift her. No help at hand so nothing else for it but to try a snatch lift, nothing moved and then I realised the centre stand was still dug in, sorted that and tried again and she just came straight up. Fortunately I had remembered a post I had read about putting the side stand down before lifting and so there we were, back to normal.
Fortunately it was a soft landing so the check for damage revealed there wasn't any, apart from some rather surprised 60 year old stomach muscles making themselves felt. Washed the muck off and all is well.
I am now off to amend my profile from 0 to 1, thanks for listening.

Firstpeke

NT1100D
Bike
Honda NT1100
STOC #
Ah well, that's over and done with then.....

The first thing most folk do is look around to see if anyone noticed........ usually followed by the rapid lift back to normal......

Glad there was no damage other than...... pride....

Top Bottom