Pro shops are tools...

drrod

Site Supporter
Bike
'04 ST1300
STOC #
Given the title of this thread, it kind of makes you wonder how much of that list is changed out and charged to the customer (at full shop rate) who would be unaware that it was covered under warranty?

Bike
R1200rt
Given the title of this thread, it kind of makes you wonder how much of that list is changed out and charged to the customer (at full shop rate) who would be unaware that it was covered under warranty?
if you look at the list in post 80 many of the things on the list many vehicles don't have and it only applies to hybrids and trucks over 8600 lbs. 17 items hybird only. Besides how many oil caps go bad? :rofl1:

Pop-Pop

Site Supporter
Bike
1996 ST 1100
STOC #
So, I had my local pro shop put some iridium plugs in my st13 last season. While Guru Larry from the forum was coaching me on some other issues, he also looked at my plugs via photo... "Wrong plugs! Remove them or they could cause damage!"

I did some more reading, and although the depth is fine, the replacement plugs didn't have the extra deep "collar", and in lieu had extended length of threads. Plus, it was [possibly] the wrong heat rating [for iridium].

They're the same effing "pro shop" that told me my brakes were fine when they wouldn't even spin one revolution. I finally, with Larry's kind and knowledgeable coaching, did some brake servicing by myself. Once this season begins, I'll have to replace my SMC and bleed the brake lines. Not looking forward to the process (I get paralysis doing something first time if I don't have someone to watch do it first), but I'm looking forward to the result.

Hope you're all doing well!

Cheers mates!
[/QUOTE

Top Bottom