Pull Behind Trailers

ST1300 Alicia

aka GSA Girl & KLR Girl
Site Supporter
Bike
BMW R1200GSA
I am thinking about Buying or Building a SMALL pull behind trailer for my ST1300. Something to carry a little camping gear in. Does anyone build GOOD hitches and does any one have any suggestions on this subject. I've heard a lot of negative reports lately about the Uni-Go.

Gonzo

3/4 Century of Trivia
Bike
2006 ST1300 ABS
STOC #
Negative?

Alicia,
I have had an interest in the Uni-go for some time regarding camping but never heard a negative report. What are they? I understand their hitch might be good enough for other trailers, too.
Gonzo

Mellow

Joe
Admin
Bike
'21 BMW R1250RT
2024 Miles
Gonzo said:
Alicia,
I have had an interest in the Uni-go for some time regarding camping but never heard a negative report. What are they? I understand their hitch might be good enough for other trailers, too.
Gonzo
I had a Uni-go on my '01 Wing. Never had a problem with it... after I sold it, the new owner did say the tire didn't seem to hold air very well. Here is a list of some things I've heard over the years:

1 - Rear tire doesn't hold air well
2 - Bearings are cheap and deteriorate quickly - I think this has been resolved since the US vendor has taken over
3 - Frame Welds have been known to crack - Not sure how many or if this is widespread or if it's been addresses.

The hitch is unique to Uni-go however, they sell a converter that will allow you to use the conventional ball type hitch.

There are a few guys on the www.ridersrally.com site that have them and you can see many pros/cons there.

I really liked it when I had it and it would hold a lot more than it looks like it will hold.

There are at least a couple Uni-go owners on the site, if they see this they might chime in.

Top Bottom