Purist be damned!

Jevers

Jevers
Bike
2017 Yamaha SCR950
Now, I'm pretty sure the purist will not be happy with my mod, but it's easily removed with only 4 small holes left where they can't be seen. I had these air wings ( off of a Goldwing, I think) laying around so I thought, why not see if they would fit. After a little trial and error, this is what I came up with. And... guess what? They work! They actually dump a fair amount of cool air around my waist. They can be turned to deflect rain as well. Also, they can be switched from side to side, thus lowering them to channel warm air from the engine onto your legs in cold weather. Alrighty then, let the comments begin! Jevers

Attachments

OP
OP

Jevers

Jevers
Bike
2017 Yamaha SCR950
How do you have them mounted?
I have them riveted to the grill for now. Now, after testing, I'm going to drill out the rivets and add a backing plate wide enough to catch the outer edge of the fairing. I believe that they are Baker Air Wings from a Gold Wing. Not sure what year, I'm guessing 90's? Jevers 20210801_090507.jpg

Jambriwal

2016 ST1300PA
Bike
2016 ST1300 PA
Now, I'm pretty sure the purist will not be happy with my mod, but it's easily removed with only 4 small holes left where they can't be seen. I had these air wings ( off of a Goldwing, I think) laying around so I thought, why not see if they would fit. After a little trial and error, this is what I came up with. And... guess what? They work! They actually dump a fair amount of cool air around my waist. They can be turned to deflect rain as well. Also, they can be switched from side to side, thus lowering them to channel warm air from the engine onto your legs in cold weather. Alrighty then, let the comments begin! Jevers
I think they look great. I installed Baker Air wings on mine a couple of days ago. They help with cooling and heating.

Attachments

OP
OP

Jevers

Jevers
Bike
2017 Yamaha SCR950
I think they look great. I installed Baker Air wings on mine a couple of days ago. They help with cooling and heating.
Just curious... How does the mount look on the left side? I have the heated grip controller mounted where your top mount would be located. Thank you . Jevers

Bike
2006 ST1300
I made a pair of these from 5/32” Lexan a few years ago, and they worked very well. Mine are a bit larger, and mount lower, and stream air across the frame and tank, to cool them as well as my legs and torso.

Jambriwal

2016 ST1300PA
Bike
2016 ST1300 PA
Just curious... How does the mount look on the left side? I have the heated grip controller mounted where your top mount would be located. Thank you . Jevers
They use these expending rubber well nuts. Can be purchased at hardware store.

Attachments

OP
OP

Jevers

Jevers
Bike
2017 Yamaha SCR950
I received my Baker Air wings and have a question . It appears that the controller for the heated grips is in the way of the front mount. Was that the case with your bike?

Jambriwal

2016 ST1300PA
Bike
2016 ST1300 PA
Here is a pic how mine are mounted. Took off the decorative caps so you could see screws. The bottom ones are a little to far out and right at the edge of the fairing. Good thing the nuts are rubber so i could push the fit. Baker said they were not designed for the faired bikes. Also i put a slight twist in the upper arm so they would lay flat. Installed first then pulled them of and adjusted in vice. They help with the heat so im' pleased with them.

Attachments

OP
OP

Jevers

Jevers
Bike
2017 Yamaha SCR950
Hey, thanks for the pictures and the tips, I really appreciate it! You should work for Baker!

Top Bottom