Armor Question about Helite and Jacket Armor

Bike
05 ST1300A
STOC #
I have a Motoport stretch jacket and just got a Helite vest. Both of them have back armor. Anyone that has one of these, do you leave the back armor in your jacket or do you take it out when wearing the vest ?

Bike
1999 ST1100
STOC #
I use both those items. I do leave the back armor in the jacket with no problem or discomfort. Probably should wear the Helite more often than I do, or at least remember to clip it in!
Motoport stretch kevlar is great material. Their 'mesh' never interested me.

Erdoc48

Site Supporter
Bike
94/00/04 STs, FSC600
Good question actually…when I was heavier (down now 40 lbs), I used to leave the back armor out of my armored shirts (so just the shoulders and elbow protection still in). This was as it made the shirt a little tighter. I still don’t use them (but maybe I should)- I won’t ride without my vest (a Hit-Air brand vest). I guess I’m counting on the vest saving my back in event I come off the bike. My vest doesn’t have the back armor.

GGely

Site Supporter
Bike
2001 ST1100 Non ABS
STOC #
Hi all, I have the Helite as well and the instructions, if I recall correctly, said to remove the back armour in the wearers jackets.

I don’t recall if there was an explanation as to why you needed to remove it. I’ll probably look it up after dinner since it will bug me until I do.

And, before anyone comments, no, I rarely read the instructions. I was probably not feeling well that day…

OP
OP
rdmsttrav
Bike
05 ST1300A
STOC #
Thanks everyone. My Helite didn't come with directions but I'm sure I can find them on the website, thanks for that information.

Top Bottom