Question - anyone with a Zumo 595

I'd feared that batteries for those would be rare and expensive. Turns out that they're quite reasonable! Under $8 for a pack of five on Amazon with Prime membership!

I'm glad to see that Garmin didn't use some cell that you can only get on a slow boat from Turkmenistan.

The prices I've seen are mostly in the range of $160 more for the TPMS version than the regular LM version. GPScity.com seems to have the best prices currently.

For $160, you can buy three stand-alone MC TPMS systems. I really only use my GPS for traveling, but want to see my TPMS all the time, thus I much prefer a stand-alone TPMS.

Under $8 for a pack of five on Amazon with Prime membership.
Be cautious when buying batteries from vendors on Amazon. I purchased a pack of these batteries for my sensors from an Amazon vendor, and the batteries were all past their 'best before' date when they arrived.

I'm not tarring all the Amazon vendors with this brush - it's just a heads-up that the vendor who offers the very best price, if they are not a 'name brand' vendor (or Amazon themselves) might be blowing out stale-dated stock.

Michael

I'm not trying to ignite a debate about Amazon. I'm pointing out that the batteries were cheaper than I thought they would be, and I used them as an example because it was the first thing that came up.

Be cautious when buying batteries from vendors on Amazon. I purchased a pack of these batteries for my sensors from an Amazon vendor, and the batteries were all past their 'best before' date when they arrived.
I've had the same experience twice even though I tried to avoid those vendors who've received bad reviews for that. Another problem is you can't always trust the reviews there. A lot of screening is required. So now I test them as soon as I get them to see they're at least at the nominal voltage. I've returned the bad batches twice. Amazon seems to have attended the Ford Pinto school of customer satisfaction.

For $160, you can buy three stand-alone MC TPMS systems. I really only use my GPS for traveling, but want to see my TPMS all the time, thus I much prefer a stand-alone TPMS.

I use my GPS every day. But not for the GPS, but the mp3 player! :strawberry1: Yeah, I know I can stream music from my phone, but I like my phone in my jacket pocket, and link my phone and Sena both to the GPS, that way I can easily answer the phone and also listen to my music.

Currently I have a stand alone TPMS, It doesn't work correctly, but it would be convenient for me to have the GPS and the TPMS in one. We'll see, it depends on price!

Back
Top Bottom