Question on installing Race Tech Gold Valves

Bike
2006 ST 1300
STOC #
I just received my RT Gold Valves and was reading over the instructions before disassembly and and I think I might be missing a part (yes I tried to call tech support but couldn't get through) In the rebound valve assembly instructions it has the order of parts and #9 is called a base plate which is installed right before the Nylock nut. I do not have this part but am wondering if it is a part reused from the stock assembly. Also I read several posts on here that say to use 130mm of fork oil but the instruction says 110mm, do you guys know something that RT doesn't. Thanks for all the help.

Byron

STOC #
Do a search for a thread titled "Factory fork valves vs Racetech Gold Valves"

I posted it with some notes and pictures that may help.

wjbertrand

Ventura Highway
There's kind of a T-shaped brass bit that looks to me like the base plate and nut combined. Using it in that spot, I did not have additional thread space for the nylock nut, so did not use them. This is where the thread locking compound that came in the kit needs to be applied.

Seems like they updated some of the bits in the kit and didn't carefully update the instructions to match. Also, unless they corrected it their conversion between inches and mm is incorrect on the fork level. Not sure which one they intended to be correct but I went with 130mm number as this is closest to the 5.1 inch spec that they listed first and then I believe incorrectly converted.

Bike
'07 ST1300
I emailed Race Tech about the fork oil height a while back. Their answer:

"Hello Bill,
You will want to put a 5 weight oil in and set the oil level
height to 110mm.

Thank you"

I did and it is just right.

Bill

Top Bottom