Quick Question (yeah right) about the float seat screen/filter

OP
OP
Billy von Bimble
STOC #
Hello everybody peeps,

Good news great members of the STOC, she's running sweet as a nut!

Thank you afrymoyer for the pointers, I did exactly as you suggested and wallop, it sorted her right out. She starts on the button, literally half a second after the start button is pushed. I am over the moon with it. As the person who worked on the carbs seemed to do such a shoddy job, I thought I'd better check the headers / exhausts. And sure enough, the header studs were loose and the exhaust joins were also loose. The poor bike didn't stand a chance of running correctly with workmanship (term used loosely) like that. Still I got myself a real bargain :thumb:

I owe an even greater debt of gratitude to Roger who came over to my place with a spare set of carbs for sale. But not only that, he taught me the ball bearing trick to balance the carbs, and if that was not enough he whips out an instrument to sync the blighters too:

carb tune.jpg

Thank you Roger. You Sir, are a Legend :yr1:

I did a couple of oil changes to flush out the petrol smelling, black as coal, oil that was in there and it ended up draining golden syrup like this:

Golden Syrup.jpg I say, DING DONG!

New air filter, oil filter (obvs), spark plugs (NGK CR9EH-9). Going to do a coolant drain, flush & refil this weekend and get the bodywork back on. A bit of bees wax (Londoner slang for Tax) on it then a ride out boys! Might try Norwich and back (well fingers crossed for the "and back" bit!) :ukflag1:

Billy.

Last edited:
Top Bottom