R.A.N

Bike
ST1300 - 2004
Hi!
I am not really familiar with anglo (US) acronyms and even if I guess I have not found of the forum the purpose of registering as a "RAN" member.
I guess those who register are the member's ready to give help to poor lonesome ST-owners facing a problem during their ride.
Is ther a post on the site where the meaning and purpose of RAN is defined ?
Thanks

fnmag

R.I.P. - 2020
Rest In Peace
Bike
'06 ST1300/Burgmn400
If you click on Riding at the top of the page it will direct you to the RAN list and you can ad your name to it and what type of help you can provide.

BakerBoy

It's all small stuff.
STOC #
Hi!
I am not really familiar with anglo (US) acronyms and even if I guess I have not found of the forum the purpose of registering as a "RAN" member.
I guess those who register are the member's ready to give help to poor lonesome ST-owners facing a problem during their ride.
Thanks
Closest I found to an explanation of "Rider Assistance Network" : https://www.st-owners.com/forums/threads/ran-rider-assistance-network-instructions.166085/

Mellow

Joe
Admin
Bike
'21 BMW R1250RT
2024 Miles
That's the closest, we may have lost the original post by Burger years ago when I did the last site migration.

Bike
VStrom 650
Hi!
Thanks
Cagou, you'll have to ask Joe to add France if you want to post.
I for one would be grateful.
Upt'North.

Mellow

Joe
Admin
Bike
'21 BMW R1250RT
2024 Miles
Cagou, you'll have to ask Joe to add France if you want to post.
Upt'North.
I need some time to set all of that up as it's a custom script but I can use the other ones as models obviously. I'll take a look at it this week if not sooner... there's no much UK involvement so wasn't sure about adding one for the rest of the world... but, I guess I can always delete it if it's not that popular... ;)

OP
OP
cagou64
Bike
ST1300 - 2004
That's a good idea Up'North, Joe may be when you have time free , and as they are not so much RAN riders from outside US and Canada, you could create one reference for each Continent for ex. "Europe" if easier for you. Otherwise we can consider than US members and others send a PM to members from the country they live, but the problem must be the fact I don't think you can make a selection of members according the country they live.

Mellow

Joe
Admin
Bike
'21 BMW R1250RT
2024 Miles
That's a good idea Up'North, Joe may be when you have time free , and as they are not so much RAN riders from outside US and Canada, you could create one reference for each Continent for ex. "Europe" if easier for you. Otherwise we can consider than US members and others send a PM to members from the country they live, but the problem must be the fact I don't think you can make a selection of members according the country they live.
What I'll do is simply add an 'other' ran list that is non-U.S., non-Canada and non-U.K.

Bike
2002 ST1300A
STOC #
Make that two, I'll be in the dog house for a VERY long time if the wife hears I had the chance for two up riding in France & didn't take it.

I need some time to set all of that up as it's a custom script...
Multi-lingual software developer reporting in... feel free to drop me a PM if you need anything (for free, in exchange for services rendered for operating the helm). Same offer applies to the STOC database system.

Bike
2000 ST1100Y
STOC #
I need some time to set all of that up as it's a custom script but I can use the other ones as models obviously. I'll take a look at it this week if not sooner... there's no much UK involvement so wasn't sure about adding one for the rest of the world... but, I guess I can always delete it if it's not that popular... ;)
May be useful when I go to France next year - it's always good to have potential local advice for where to go for spares etc.

Bike
2000 ST1100Y
STOC #
May be useful when I go to France next year - it's always good to have potential local advice for where to go for spares etc.
Hi!
Thanks
Hi Cagou64, where in France are you? I spend quite a lot of time in Normandie especially early June for the D-Day celebrations. A friend has a house we use as a base near Mortain.

Mellow

Joe
Admin
Bike
'21 BMW R1250RT
2024 Miles
Due to the design of the database and how I've already set up the existing RAN stuff I'm going to pass on adding an 'other' section for non US/Canadian/UK areas.

If someone has an issue in one of these other countries/locations they can simple post a new thread in the RAN forum when they have issues... and someone will reply w/assistance.

OP
OP
cagou64
Bike
ST1300 - 2004
Hi Cagou64, where in France are you? I spend quite a lot of time in Normandie especially early June for the D-Day celebrations. A friend has a house we use as a base near Mortain.
Hi!
Ilive in South-West of France, "Pyrénées-Atlantiques", 15 km East of "PAU" city.
Good use to come for the D-Day, but June for me is a busy month, anyway let me know if you intend to come in SW

Bike
VStrom 650
Hi!
Ilive in South-West of France, "Pyrénées-Atlantiques", 15 km East of "PAU" city.
Good use to come for the D-Day, but June for me is a busy month, anyway let me know if you intend to come in SW
Cagou, I probably wasn't far from you last year in Carcassonne, stopped for two nights enroute to Aosta, yes I know I was lost......
Upt'North.

Bike
2000 ST1100Y
STOC #
Hi!
Will get in touch - won't be this year, but hopefully next year when I have retired I can ride down to the south of France and meet up if you are free. Regards Eric

OP
OP
cagou64
Bike
ST1300 - 2004
Cagou, I probably wasn't far from you last year in Carcassonne, stopped for two nights enroute to Aosta, yes I know I was lost......
Upt'North.
It depends what part of the year because in July and part of August was in Zambia, but next time let me know if you are staying in our area
I hopped you took the opportunity from this detour to taste a famous "Cassoulet" in Carcassonne

Last edited:
Top Bottom