R1250RT Me Too!

OP
OP
Allan Bagley
Bike
2022 BMW R1250RT
Picked up the R1250RT today. Rode about 40 off freeway miles in about 38 degrees. Very pleased with the bike. I must say brakes, clutch and general handling are silky smooth. Motor is so different than the ST it will take a little getting used to. Assisted shifting is sometimes like butter, sometimes not so much. Wind noise is MUCH lower. General ergonomics may need some further adjustment. Didn't get much into the TFT display but had no problen adjusting grip and seat heat. Didin't get much into ride modes other than to determine that ECO is not much fun! Incredibly easy to put on the center stand!!!!

Mellow

Joe
Admin
Bike
'21 BMW R1250RT
2024 Miles
Looks like Angry Bird and Mad Hornet... lol

Honda did some great styling w/STs and both have held up well over the years without actually showing their age.

amorley

Site Supporter
Bike
2015 BMW K1600GTS
2024 Miles
SPOT
LINK
Congratulations on a very great looking bike! I am sure you will enjoy it.

Mellow

Joe
Admin
Bike
'21 BMW R1250RT
2024 Miles
No doubt both are prime examples of the best in motorcycle engineering. But can the RT lay on its side with no damage, the way the ST can?
No not at all... The ST and Wing are great examples of that... I do wish other manufacturers would do better with that but easy enough to do with more $$ lol Of course, ST and Wingers are also looking at additional tip over protection.

I'll add some for the rear, not sure about the front just yet... amazingly, this bike doesn't feel heavy at all.

OP
OP
Allan Bagley
Bike
2022 BMW R1250RT
No doubt both are prime examples of the best in motorcycle engineering. But can the RT lay on its side with no damage, the way the ST can?
No. Not without added protection. On the way. The RT does feel much lighter. The ST, which i thoroughly enjoyed and was my first modern motorcycle, will be sold.

Top Bottom