Race Tech Fork Springs

Bike
2021 BMW 1250GS
STOC #
Has anyone replaced the stock springs with Race tech springs? The directions are kind of generic and trying to figure out the length of spacer and also it looks as if the 1100 has one damper fork and one catridge fork. Any help would be great!

Bike
Vstrom 650
I can't be of any help Dave, but I'll be interested to see what replies you get, getting my new shock next week hopefully and then I'll tackle the forks.

OP
OP
DaveM
Bike
2021 BMW 1250GS
STOC #
Yeah...looks like I will just have to put this on hold til I can talk to Race Tech next week.....I even asked the girl that took my order at Race tech if there is detailed instructions for the ST and she said yes. The instructions are just very generic! Maybe I was just spoiled by Progressive when I did that install, very specific instructions and simple to do.

Bike
1999 ST1100
STOC #
Yep, I put in RaceTech springs Dave. (.95 per their info)
I'll try to find anything I may have written down.
and yes, this two different fork innards deal does easily get confusing.

OP
OP
DaveM
Bike
2021 BMW 1250GS
STOC #
Yep, I put in RaceTech springs Dave. (.95 per their info)
I'll try to find anything I may have written down.
and yes, this two different fork innards deal does easily get confusing.
Thanks Dean!!! I have the same .95

sent from my Droid phone.

Bike
2006 Goldwing
STOC #
Measure your stock springs with the oem spacer and cut the new spacer so that it fits to total length with the race tech springs. That's a good place to start. Pvc is cheap. Increase the length for more preload and decrease for less preload. Use a 10wt or 15 weight oil. My oil that I settled on was 15 weight at 130mm from the top of the fork with the springs out. Your left spacer will be longer that the right spacer. Good Luck!

Has anyone replaced the stock springs with Race tech springs? The directions are kind of generic and trying to figure out the length of spacer and also it looks as if the 1100 has one damper fork and one catridge fork. Any help would be great!

Last edited:
Bike
Vstrom 650

How do you like the new fork springs Dave?

Bike
Vstrom 650
I have not put them in yet....
LOL, I'm very slow getting my forks sorted too,I have rebuild parts coming for the anti dive valve as well,I think a lot of people overlook that.Uncle Phil mentioned a while back that the fork caps from a fazer 1000 might fit the st's 43mm forks. they have preload adjusters in the caps, I'm trying to track down a set from various bike breakers,no luck yet,I think it's worth a try.

Top Bottom