970mike

Mike Brown
Site Supporter
Bike
07 & 12 ST1300A
SPOT
LINK
STOC #
Just wanted you to know that I just ordered Race Tech front springs and a gold valve kit for my ST 1300. I was looking at an old thread and found an outdated group buy. I told the person that I placed my order with that there was a lot of positive comments on their products here at ST-owners. I also asked if there was any current discounts as I had seen the old group buy discount and I got 10% off.

So if you need to order anything here RaceTech

Make sure you mention ST-owners and get 10% off!

Bike
GL1800
STOC #
Mike,

You're going to love the change to your suspension. Nothing short of amazing.

I must caution y ou, however. To get full effect you should also swap out or have re-valved the rear shock as well. If you don't, the Race-tech mod will really show off how bad the stock shock really is.

On another note - don't know this, but if Race-Tech is going to be at WESTOC then the ST discount will be even greater still. I think mine was in the neighborhood of 15 or 20%.

Can anyone verify or correct me on this?

Bike
'05 ST1300
STOC #
Just a side note:
I have a "loaner" OEM rear shock if anyone's considering having Race-Tech rebuild theirs with gold valves (like I did.) I can ship the shock to Race-Tech, and you won't have to pull your OEM shock until you have the rebuilt one in hand. After you remove your old shock, send it to me to wait for the next guy. This avoids having the bike out of service, or having to R&R the shock twice. PM if you're interested.

Bike
'05 ST1300
STOC #
I just took advantage of Roger's excellent idea to loan a shock out - and I can verify the discount is 20%! But, you definitely need to ask for it...

OP
OP
970mike

970mike

Mike Brown
Site Supporter
Bike
07 & 12 ST1300A
SPOT
LINK
STOC #
Wow I would have loved to have 20% off but I was happy with 10% off. I talked to Michelle there when I ordered my parts. Maybe when I am ready to do the rear shock I can get the 20% off.

Mike

Bike
'05 ST1300
STOC #
The person I dealt with was Christie Gunter. I know the Racetech warehouse says she handles International Sales, but she was the person I was directed to. Mike, not sure how their discount works, but just to clarify I received 20% off the rear shock rebuild. Perhaps the discount is less for the front?

indypup

Accidents HURT! Safety doesn't
Bike
2007 ST1300
STOC #
It's a standing "WESTOC" 20% discount. I've dealt with both Christie and Michelle and either one can assist you. ;) Just ask for the discount when ordering.

I had my forks completely redone with new fork caps with needle valve compression/rebound adjustments and springs. Night and day difference from the stock Honda forks.

I have a HyperPro rear shock but would probably go with Racetech if I had to do it all over again. ;)

OP
OP
970mike

970mike

Mike Brown
Site Supporter
Bike
07 & 12 ST1300A
SPOT
LINK
STOC #
It's a standing "WESTOC" 20% discount. I've dealt with both Christie and Michelle and either one can assist you. ;) Just ask for the discount when ordering.

I had my forks completely redone with new fork caps with needle valve compression/rebound adjustments and springs. Night and day difference from the stock Honda forks.

I have a HyperPro rear shock but would probably go with Racetech if I had to do it all over again. ;)
Just got off the phone with Michelle and you are right the discount is 20% Thank you! They are going to credit me the other 10%

Mike

VFR

"Uncle Larry"
Just saw this--right after I bought my parts there of course...... The top cap rework will only give you preload & rebound adjustment. Compression is done in the lower fork leg. It can't be added; the bike either comes with it or not.

Of course preload & rebound adjustments are a vast improvement over no adjustment.

OP
OP
970mike

970mike

Mike Brown
Site Supporter
Bike
07 & 12 ST1300A
SPOT
LINK
STOC #
Just saw this--right after I bought my parts there of course...... The top cap rework will only give you preload & rebound adjustment. Compression is done in the lower fork leg. It can't be added; the bike either comes with it or not.

Of course preload & rebound adjustments are a vast improvement over no adjustment.
Larry call Michelle at Race-Tech and ask if they will credit you back the 20% for the WeSToc discount.

indypup

Bike
2007 ST1300
STOC #
Even better:)

Indypup,
Do you like/use the new caps much as far as adjusment goes?
I am on the fence about that part of it.

Sean
Not since I fine tuned them. I have them dialed in just right now. I'll probably adjust them when I head to Alaska next week. I'll adjust them to be softer for the bumpy gravel roads. ;)

indypup

Bike
2007 ST1300
STOC #

This isn't accurate...yes you can adjust rebound and compression as well as the preload. The left fork cap controls compression and the right fork cap controls rebound. Talk to racetech. It's a pretty slick setup. :D

VFR

"Uncle Larry"
Oops, forgot about that....my bad. Several of the OEMs are doing that now. Since they are replacing both cartridges, that is an easy change. I think both Racetech & Traxxion have larger cartridge assys for front forks now as well.

You are correct in that it does make a big difference in the handling.

indypup

Bike
2007 ST1300
STOC #
I'm not sure because they used me as a guinea pig and didn't charge me for any labor. I was the first customer to get all this done since they came out with the fork caps. Second ST13 overall if you include the one that Paul Thede used for development. I paid $200 for the fork caps, $320 for the gold valves with rebound damping, and $88 for the springs. They also installed needle valves that attach to the fork caps to control the compression/rebound settings that they didn't charge me for...

Top Bottom