Radar mount

Silver Bullit

Pearl Black
Bike
06 1300..Black
I saw a mount that mounts on the left side of the fairing...with the two screws ....any one....now where i can look at one....

Throttlejockey

Padden is my hero
Bike
06 ST1300
STOC #
Here's a prototype I just threw together made out of all aluminum. I can make this with minimal welding.

The only thing that bugs me is the mounting in the existing screws. Unless I weld tabs on it will sit at a slight angle. (the arm, not the mount on top)

What do you guys think?

Attachments

STOC #
Here's a prototype I just threw together made out of all aluminum. I can make this with minimal welding.

The only thing that bugs me is the mounting in the existing screws. Unless I weld tabs on it will sit at a slight angle. (the arm, not the mount on top)

What do you guys think?
I think you are right about the screws. This is what I told him too. Looks like the weak link in the chain and I can't see a way of beefing it up like we did with the RBIS

Throttlejockey

Padden is my hero
Bike
06 ST1300
STOC #
No, I think it's strong enough. It's just that the bracket doesn't follow the lines of the dash. If there were tabs welded onto the arm you could make it run along the lines of the dash.

Doesn't look like there's much interest though.

OP
OP

Silver Bullit

Pearl Black
Bike
06 1300..Black
I wish he would make the one i saw on Mellows bike. Mellow plaese post a pic of the radar mount....

TXRoadRash

FWDoc
Bike
2008 GL1800
The two holes on top will easily support two or three devices if you use an extruded u-nut under the dash to reinforce the plastic mounts (link). And you can make the dash mount for less than $20 with tools you've already got on hand -- no welding needed.

Top Bottom