Radial tire question

Do any of you run radial tires on an older ST 1100? Or can you run radial tires on an older St 1100?
I have a 91 and need to put tires on it. Right now I have Metzeler lasertecs on it but want to change to a different tire and would like to go with radials if possible.
Thanks for the help.

So far, I'm still loving the Bridgestone T-31s on my '01 1100.

Added: Read "bridgestone t31 reviews" on Google (not from dealers) and see what they say.

Also added: Look for the non-GT version of the T31s; the GTs don't both come in stock sizes.

Last edited:
T31's the best tyres I've ever ridden on and they fit; they haven't induced handling issues even when ready for changing.
But take your pick.
But ask yourself would you buy anything else where the design and build is 30 years old?
Only you can answer that, but I'm guessing the tyre engineers at tyre companies have done some decent work in the last 30 years in between coffee breaks.
Upt'North.

By the way, what are blummin tires?
You let folks run there own country and use a proper language, nuff said :well1:.
Upt'North :ukflag1:.

Reactions: Obo
I've run all sorts of radials, bias, and various combinations. I've run several sets of 'ST1300' size radials with no issues on my ST1100s.
My favorite combination of mileage and handing is a BT020 bias (for the BMW KLT1200) on the rear and a BT31 for the front.
You just have use what you decide works for you.

opinions here are like elbows , everyone has a couple. I have run radial, biased, different sizes and Like the over sized bias I'm running now. Good grip, can carry an extra load and so far am getting great mileage out of them. Too bad a car tire won't fit.

Your and my 1991 ST1100 were spec’d with Bridgestone G547/G548 Exedras. They even have Honda part numbers. Over my 25 years with my ST they are still the best tire for me. I never bought into the radial superiority argument.
JMNSHO YMMV FYI

John

By the way, what are blummin tires?
You let folks run there own country and use a proper language, nuff said :well1:.
Upt'North :ukflag1:.
[/QUOTE]
You only see them in spring .2279917398_81edd6223c_z.jpg

Back
Top Bottom