Really Light Weight Camping

OP
OP
Bike
2010 ST1300
Reminds me of camping on a portoledge.

1613250203321.png
Check out Alex Honnold's movie, Free Solo, in which he climbs El Capitan without ropes, pitons, or any protection gear whatsoever. He did this pitch by pitch - he would climb one section then retire to a portaledge to rest. The movie is incredible and even more so when you think about the photographers who did the filiming.

Whooshka

Fairly faST old guy
Bike
2006 ST1300
Nope. That's the kind of "I need to prove I'm brave" mentality that makes sensational headlines.

Bike
2002 ST1300A
STOC #
Why am I the only one that thinks this would be a hoot?

I've done camping trips with the ST using a hammock - bike on side stand, hang the hammock on the left of the bike attached to the right bar. All you need is a fence post / tree / signpost, but I also carry an expanding pole just in case.

I also taught our daughter how to free climb.

Reactions: Obo

the Ferret

Daily rider since May 1965
Bike
21 NC750 14 CB1100
2024 Miles
I've done camping trips with the ST using a hammock - bike on side stand, hang the hammock on the left of the bike attached to the right bar. All you need is a fence post / tree / signpost, but I also carry an expanding pole just in case.
Have a picture of this set up?

rwthomas1

Site Supporter
Bike
'01 ST1100 non-ABS
Why am I the only one that thinks this would be a hoot?

I also taught our daughter how to free climb.
You're 37, I'm guessing the rest of us have a decade plus on you. I have found as I age if I do something risky, there has to be a reward beyond simply surviving.

And don't get me wrong, I'm not disapproving. People are free to do as they please, as long as they don't injure others in the process. In other words, I'm happy to "hold your beer".....

RT

Bike
2002 ST1300A
STOC #
Have a picture of this set up?
Unfortunately not, but next time, I shall, as the UK lockdowns open etc.

I have found as I age if I do something risky, there has to be a reward beyond simply surviving
Couldn't agree with you more. I've broken bones in situations as a kid that I simply wouldn't even get myself into, as an adult.

the Ferret

Daily rider since May 1965
Bike
21 NC750 14 CB1100
2024 Miles
You're 37, I'm guessing the rest of us have a decade plus on you. I have found as I age if I do something risky, there has to be a reward beyond simply surviving.

RT
Heck I have over 3 decades on him, which probably explains why I ride like I do today .... instead of like I did at his age lol.

Top Bottom