Rear brake dragging but not smc!

Bike
ST1300 A4
Hello all, sorry to drag this topic up yet again.

The problem I have is kinda strange as the rear brake stays on for a couple of seconds then slowly releases with every use, so much that I can feel it when riding. Now I know its not the dreaded smc issue as it happens with the bike on its main stand, the smc is operated by movement of the front wheel. So what can cause this delayed release? The rear caliper centre piston is clean and free to move. Its not a major problem, infact its not a bad thing to release a brake slowly as any track rider will tell you but I just wonder if its normal or if it will get progressively worse, with so many components in the system seems to me it could be any one of them!
Anyone aware of this on their bike?

Igofar

Site Supporter
Bike
2023 Honda CT125A
Several good suggestions John, that is why you had my vote for MOTM, I'll add one more....wait for it....
AIR in the system! Try a correct bleed / Tilt / PCV etc, and be sure to strap the levers open over night.

OP
OP
Bike
ST1300 A4
Thanks guys for all the info, really nice to get response so fast to problems. Guess I will have to go for the bleed and I think my caliper pins were not in the best condition when I changed the pads.

Awesome forum

Top Bottom