Rear tire cup. 020's

Smallville

Scott
Bike
2022 KLR 650 Adv
STOC #
Giving the bike a once over today I noticed that my rear tire has a cup to the left side of the center wear patch. These are the stock Battlax 020's and have been maintained at 42psi. Little over 4,000 miles.
I know left side tire wear has been disscussed to death but this looks different than what I have seen. The center of the tire is worn to a flat profile, and you can see where the contact patch is for the majority of my riding. Just to the left of center the tire has come to a point that goes clear around the tire.
I know its not from the crown of the road because it is over too far.
I have attached a few pics. Not sure if you can see it or not. Anyone else have this kind of wear? Is it what you would call normal?
Thanks

Attachments

Mellow

Joe
Admin
Bike
'21 BMW R1250RT
2024 Miles
Looks normal to me being in the flatland... if you have a flat spot, you're going to have that point.

OP
OP
Smallville

Smallville

Scott
Bike
2022 KLR 650 Adv
STOC #
I guess its different wear than any other tire I have had. Most have a nice gentle curve over to the flat wear area. This tire has that on the right side, but the left side has no curve. I donno, may just be the way this tire wears, but it looks and feels really weird. :shrug2:

Top Bottom