Removing rear brake pedal

STOC #
Has any removed the rear brake pedal on an '03 ABS bike? I've removed the four socket bolts on what the manual calls the "step holder", the bracket that holds the foot pegs, and the two 10mm bolts, and the two 5mm screws to the fairing, and the bolt to the muffler hanger. What seems to be holding the "step holder" now is it is still attached to the metal hydraulic lines and maybe a bracket that goes under the battery housing, but I don't see any more fasteners. I've lowered the foot peg and I have a lowered brake pedal that I want to install. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

OP
OP
rcuttler
STOC #
From the fiche the pedal itself look like it's held on by a circlip.
Find#19 in this fiche for the brake line?
OK, those two Fiche lead me to the right place, and the next problem. With the fiche for a guide a used a mirror on a stalk and a LED light to look behind the "step holder" and located two bolts listed as #17 in the pedal fiche which attache the "step holder" to a bracket. I then located two bolts listed as #20 which attach the rear master cylinder to the "step holder." These bolts have to be removed working pretty much by feel. The challenge will be re attaching everything if all parts and bolt holes don't line up exactly. This will probably take an extra pair of hands. Thanks much for the help.

Bike
ST Pan1300
Folks,

Is there an easy way to adjust the rear brake peddle ? there seems to be a pot more play on the peddle than normal, the brakes are working ok but too much down ward force by the foot to apply rear brake. can I adjust it easly.

Regards
Davie

Poacher

Ridin' for the Son
Bike
ST1300 A6 2007
STOC #
Excellent write-up, young sir. Cracking Pics too.

Thanks - not doing this job but it's a great piece to refer to.

p

Bike
ST Pan1300
Have any of you got rear brake peddle free play (about 4mm ) movement down wards before it starts to activate the hyd system and apply brakes.

I adjusted the brake Turning it out of the linkage will effectively lengthen the push rod, allowing the back end of the brake lever to go down, bringing the foot end of the pedal up (by the spring).

Its the free play thats worring me, I took out the pin that hols the linkage and it seems ok, not worn. To me the pin is too loose in the system linkage holes.

Davie.

Bike
ST Pan1300
Thanks for the update, parts 18 (U shaped bracket), 17 (peg) , the rear peddle hole where the pin goes through, looking ok. But there the parts that are giving me the 4mm free play before any action takes effect on the brakes.

I'm not sure if a new system on the ST's has any free play ?

I dont have anything I could use as a shim to try ?

I'm going to the Scottish Bike Show in Edinburgh next week and will see if I can get any info there.

Top Bottom