Replacing headers.... O2 sensors wiring

Hi folks.

About to replace the headers on the 13 with a better condition standard set. I’ve just noticed the replacement headers have the O2s still in with the wiring attached. Rather than try to remove the sensors can anyone please advise how far up the back of the engine or where upon the bike (as in how much has to come off) to plug in the new ones please ?

thankyou!

sscharf

I just did this last night. The hardest part is finding the two 4-wire connectors. White on the left side of bike, black on the right. Rectangular.

The connector is in a bundle, just about an inch above the rear crash bar mounts.

They are totally shrouded! You will never see them, until you look for a shrouded bunch of 3 or 4 connectors. I cut the shrouds away.

Whooshka

Fairly faST old guy
Bike
2006 ST1300
Left and right side panels have to come off. Then if your fingers are thin enough you might be able to wrestle the wire bundles described above free and get to the connector. I found myself removing the crash bar and charcoal canister on the right side and the coolant overflow bottle on the left.

Top Bottom