Review: Z6 front & rear tires

Greetings!

Have about 1300 (no pun intended :D ) miles on my Z6 tires now. Not as many twisty miles as I would like, but figured time for a quick review anyway. Keep in mind I am no racer, not a professional, this is all subjective, etc etc etc.

I like them :) Have had plenty of chances to try them in the rain, and they did a good job on straights and in corners at sane speeds. Feels much better than the stock 020's, dry or wet. I feel like I am taking the corners just as fast as before, but the Z6 tires have a wider chicken strip on them than the 020's. This is a good thing, means I have more room to play with than before :)

If I get some decent tread wear out of them, say 9k or more total miles, I will get another set of Z6's.

Bones

Your Humble Scribe
Bike
2014 BMW R1200RT
STOC #
I've got about 4,000 on a set of Z6's. Nice grippy sneakers, they are. They do very well in the twisties, wet or dry. I'd buy them over the OEM Battlaxes again.

OP
OP
Hewhois
Thought I would update my initial impressions. Have about 5k miles on them so far and they still seem to have quite a bit of tread left.

On my recent trip to Northern GA I never had any concerns about the tires. I admit that I wasn't exactly screaming through the curves, lol, but I wasn't toooo slow ;) Even over rough pavement or sand/gravel, I had complete confidence in the tires. Same in the rain.

Looks like I should get at least 9k out of them, probably more. If so, will definitely replace with another set of Z6's.

Top Bottom