Ride For Cambodia?

Bike
18 Gold Wing
STOC #
I'm impressed! You are all doing it the "local" way and that is always the best fun and most interesting experience! Reminds of the time we rode on the top of the train on a trip to Kathmandu,just a whole different community up there than the ones riding inside the boggies! Keep enjoying the common folk there is a lot to be learned about survival amongst them! Thanks for all the pictures and videos!

Bones

Your Humble Scribe
Bike
2014 BMW R1200RT
STOC #
And they found much jollity in Cambodia. Fantastic. :thumbup:

Digiamo

Come play with us, Danny......
Bike
Suzuki DL650
STOC #
Thanks for the nice comments folks.

We sold the bikes today and got a surprise...all that was promised was delivered and more. They were so sweet to us with offers of iced coffee and hot Jasmine tea along with a purchase price exactly as promised. Everything was returned to us minus fifty USD.
I would not hesitate to do business with them again next year.
uploadfromtaptalk1359802344132.jpg
Again, videos are in the pipe but we fly to BKK at about 10AM tomorrow and have to pack.
Chang Mai on Monday morning after an overnite train.

Droid S 3 & TT2

Last edited:

gmast1100

Gettin old sux
Bike
2016 Kawasaki Versys
STOC #
Gotta be a warm fuzzy feeling that they held up on their promise. Hope y'all had a great time there. We all sure enjoyed the travels through your comments and pics. Keep 'em comin!!!!!!

OP
OP
George
Bike
2000 ST1100 ABS TCS
STOC #
Phnom Penh airport, ride here is done but stories, pics, and vids still to come.

Next stop, Bangkok.

Bike
2006 ST1300
Must be a bit of an empty feeling knowing that that part of the trip is done. I know it was awesome watching from here. I prefer experiencing things like the locals do rather than touristy stuff...and it appeared you all were right in the middle of the real life there, not seeing just the kind of stuff a regular tour group would take you on.

Bike
18 Gold Wing
STOC #
Have a safe trip home all. It is sad to see your journey come to an end but I'm sure we'll here tales hear and there around a campfire somewhere. Thanks for taking the time tp share your trip with through the many pics and videos! Look forward to seeing a few more when they are posted. Congratulations on a successful ride/trip!

gmast1100

Gettin old sux
Bike
2016 Kawasaki Versys
STOC #
Thanksabunch--we all enjoyed every minute of it and I'm sure a little sadness in the feeling that it's almost over. Have a safe flight back!!!

Bike
2003 ST1300
A couple of short video clips here of our ride on the bamboo train. In the beginning, Danny appears a little bored, so he practices short radius turn on his ride prior to departure for the "peoples rail station". They named it that because the "people" (who ride this train to nowhere) must first physically lift the rail car onto the tracks. (no small feat for a bunch of ole pharts)
The clutch/final drive for the engine may seem a little crude, but it worked very well. When we got to the end of the line and got the 5 bikes off, we had to find a waterfall (Chrok La Eang ) we were looking for and none of the locals spoke english (that we encountered). We rode a few kilometers of dirt and sand and made it to the place of the falls. We all took a refreshing dip in the cool water and then George and I hiked about a kilometer to the falls in the last video. It was a good day and we rode onto Phnom Penh to prep the bikes for resale.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KVw46erCzdc

Digiamo

Bike
Suzuki DL650
STOC #
This video montage is great, Joe. Thanks for taking all those hours you spent learning how to assemble all the raw pics and vids into a concise sample of what we experienced.
I know you struggled and were frustrated with the "I" (Apple) process but it sure looks great and it's appreciated.
Now that you know the process, it should be smooth sailing. :rolleyes:

Droid S 3 & TT2

OP
OP
George
Bike
2000 ST1100 ABS TCS
STOC #
Joe stayed up late on more than one night to get the vid put together. it's a great one buddy and pretty much sums up that part of the trip. Thanks.

Digiamo

Bike
Suzuki DL650
STOC #
Yea, it surprised us how it moved along. For three hours, we swapped places so nobody had to get wipped by the bushes and trees for too long.
I wasn't bored for a second hanging off the edge.

Droid S3 & TT2

Last edited:

Digiamo

Bike
Suzuki DL650
STOC #
This is also posted on "Post RideForCambodia..." but it really belongs here.

In this GoPro video, our ragged crew are in Bamnak trying to orient ourselves after a three hour platform train ride from Pursat, Cambodia. There are no paved roads near this town and Raven is trying to get us a route to the Aural Falls through all new territory. She is working with her Galaxy S III Android. Would have been nice if I or any of us thought of getting the dismount footage, but I guess we were pretty beat up and just wanted to get everything off the rickety car.
Some of the best videos are missed because our attention is on the situation at hand instead of the camera. I hope to be aware of that fact in the future.

Thanks again to Smash for the use of his GoPro unit for this trip.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q7zF-OXZJlc&feature=youtu.be

Bike
2003 ST1300
Good job Danny, you're becoming a GoPro pro! That train ride had to be one of high spots. I really like the "fly on the lens" at the end and glad it did not get edited.

Top Bottom