Ride like a Pro New England

Bike
2010 ST-1300
Myself and two friends took this class last week at a Harley dealer in Barre VT. It was a lot of fun and pretty difficult. Several people dropped their bikes during the class. The instructors were top notch and demoed all the exercises with ease. The most difficult part for me was getting used to full sized cones instead of the small ones we use in MSF. If you get the chance take this class. It will definitely up your slow speed game.

Sadlsor

Site Supporter
Bike
2008 ST1300A
STOC #
I've seen Jerry's videos, but never taken his class.
Turn yo' head, turn yo' head, turn yo' head!
And don't forget to turn yo' head.
You go where you look.
Interestingly, when I'm coaching riders in the u-turn box, and they put a foot down, I will tell you that in nearly 100% of the cases, the rider looked DOWN a moment before that foot dabbed.
I kid you not!
Once I noted this pattern, it became so funny to watch. It's so predictable!
Turn yo' head.
Look over your shoulder, to where you WANT to go.

EDIT: this assumes you have mastered clutch and throttle control. If the friction zone is a challenge for you, the tight turns will frustrate you forever.

OP
OP
drtyrrel
Bike
2010 ST-1300
look down foot down, look where you want the bike to go not where it's going........... lol. The three of us that took the class together are ridercoaches. The other two dropped there bikes I came close to dropping mine . They also had several other ridercoaches. Over half of the 12 students were ridercoaches. No Jerry at this one, just three coaches from Mass. Try not looking at those great big cones you don't want to hit when they place them every couple of feet around a 24 foot circle that you stay inside of. I can do a 18 foot U turn but struggled to keep my bike inside that circle.

Sadlsor

Site Supporter
Bike
2008 ST1300A
STOC #
Have you coached the Basic Bike Bonding, or Ultimate Bike Bonding?
Part of the UBB is an exercise that mimics the fabled Iron Cross, popular in many police courses.

OP
OP
drtyrrel
Bike
2010 ST-1300
No I haven't but would like to take it. We only do BRC1, BRC2 ,BRC2 Skills practice and the occasional ARC. We are swamped this year with just the BRC1. The class I took had the Iron Cross. It was difficult but not as bad as the weave into a circle. I've also taken a PRO-RIDER class in Dallas that had the Iron Cross.

Top Bottom