Riding With a Fused Throttle Wrist

Mondo

Site Supporter
Bike
‘22 Moto Guzzi V85TT
Had the surgery a few months ago and it's all healed. The pain is gone. What a relief. Was cleared to ride just before Ferry so off we went. Kevin_56, against the grain for him, routed us on interstates so I could use the cruise as much as possible. After almost crashing into the car in front of me at the stop sign right by my house because I couldn't get my right glove on correctly, even though as a guy I thought it was fine, all went well. Did 980 miles that weekend and just did another 100 with a modified (cut) glove and it is even better. My future still includes trying the Inovelli thumb throttle if and when they are ever in stock. I test rode a bike with up/down quickshifter and it did not help much, especially to the tune of $15,000 dollars. The throttle still needs to be twisted and held open to upshift and while downshifting, the throttle often never needs to be twisted anyway. Cruise is the key. Bottom line is I can still ride and will continue to pursue ideas to stay as safe as possible. I am a happy man!

Greg

Top Bottom