RIP STeve Kelley - STOC 077

Don-STOC237

STealer
Bike
Suzuki GSX1250FA-ST
STOC #
It is with shock and deep sadness that I must report the passing of my good friend STeve Kelley, STOC #077 and fellow WeSTOC Emeritus Council charter member, today at his home in Bodrum, Turkey.

We don't yet know the cause of his death. His loving wife Kathryn returned from her daily walk to find him deceased at their home. STeve was only 63 years old. He and Kathryn had moved from Oklahoma to Turkey last year after finding and renovating a house there overlooking the Aegean Sea.

He was a good friend, and we spent many days over the years riding with each other and visiting, and working together on various WeSTOC events.

He will be deeply missed in the STOC community, and by many of us.

Please remember Kathryn in your thoughts, prayers and good wishes.

Attachments

Bike
Suzuki Gladius
I am so sorry to learn that we have lost another of our own. My deepest condolences to Kathryn and all of Steve's family and friends, and to you, @Don-STOC237, on the loss of your dear friend. May he find great roads to ride and great friends to ride them with. R.I.P., sir.

Patty

Mellow

Joe
Admin
Bike
'21 BMW R1250RT
2024 Miles
Very sorry to hear this, I've met Steve a couple times in the past, great guy.

R.I.P. Steve.

STimpa

Livin my best life!
Bike
05 ST1300
STOC #
My heart is saddened and goes out to Kathryn, family and friends. Steve was the moderator at my first and favorite WeSTOC, at Taos in 2008. His sense of humor and easiness were one of the high points to the event. I have always enjoyed connecting with him each year since. Steve, you are and will be missed.

Obo

Bike
'03 ST1300A
Condolences to all who knew Steve and called him family or friend.

RIP Steve.

Last edited:

John OoSTerhuis

Life Is Good!
Bike
1991 SSMST1100
STOC #
Oh no! Such sad news. Condolences to Kathryn, and to all his many friends in the ST community and elsewhere. I always enjoyed our visits at all the STOC gatherings. He was with STOC from the beginning, an original… in many ways. He’d survived cancer and retired in style. Sad… just sad.

I remember getting my STeed Handle from him years ago. And when his ST1100’s 28amper left him stranded far from home… and the subsequent alt upgrade.

Requiescat In Pace

John

SupraSabre

48 Years of SoCal Lane Splitting/Commuting-Retired
Site Supporter
Bike
12/04 ST 1300s
2024 Miles
STOC #
Sorry to hear that.
RIP Steve.
Prayers of comfort for Kathryn, family and friends.

wjbertrand

Ventura Highway
Steve was the 2nd STOCer I ever met in person before the very 1st WeSTOC at Park City UT in 1996. This was back in the old liST server days before forums like this existed. He and fellow liSTer Jon Berg came to Ventura and I showed them some of my favorite local roads. Great memories as was catching up with both Steve and Kathryn at all the WeSTOC events since.

I am incredibly shocked and saddened by Steve’s sudden passing and my heart and prayers go out to Kathryn.

Rest In Peace my friend, you shall be greatly missed

Sadlsor

Site Supporter
Bike
2008 ST1300A
STOC #
Obviously, Steve was one of the originals here, and I'm saddened at the news.
R.I.P. and enjoy your new skyways, Steve.

Top Bottom