RKA Tank Bag, perfect fit for ST1300

Bike
2014 CB1100DX
Just installed my RKA 13 Litter Mini Expandable tank bag from rka-luggage.com . It is the perfect fit with a 7"W by 10"L footprint which allows the handle bars to be cranked full both ways without hitting the bars/buttons. Has top compartment that optionally expands (use this for my ipad mini, hydration pak), a larger bottom compartment (for all my glasses, electronics, registration, visa), a rear compartment (for my iphone and wallet), and a detachable top-side map holder. There are two options for attaching the front: one has a split-V buckle/padding for attaching to wider points on the moto; one is a straight buckle/pad for attaching to steering column. I have the split-V version and attached it to the small tubular prongs come of the the frame next to the front of the gas tank (think this are for fairing support ... not sure). Ready for my xcountry trip now :)

02.Side.IMG_0711.JPG03.Side-Clearance.IMG_0713.JPG04.Rear.IMG_0714.JPG05.Top-Empty..JPG06.Top-iPadMini.IMG_0716.JPG07.Bottom-Empty.IMG_0718.JPG08.Bottom-WithStuff.IMG_0717.JPG09a.MountFront.JPG09b.MountFrontDetail.JPG

"

Bike
1999 ST1100
STOC #
I'm considering their 10 L version. Not a fan of the wedgey shape that most have gone to.
RKA Sounds like a well made bag and good small company.

OP
OP
Bill Flint
Bike
2014 CB1100DX
I'm considering their 10 L version. Not a fan of the wedgey shape that most have gone to.
You stated what I was thinking when buying this, but I talked to owner and he explained the"wedge" is just slight and provides more room and features. Now that I have it, the slight wedge is perfect and easily flattens out if you want push the bag forward. The problem really is the narrow ST1300 handlebars .... the place that I positioned the bag is a 7" gap between max handlebar rotations. If you move forward more, the 7" rapidly reduces to 6", then 5", etc.

Top Bottom