Road 5 or 6 GT

I just replaced my rear ( ST1300 ) with larger & GT version of the 6.....I went all the way to 190/55/17.
getting ready to roll her out of the garage & use the "chip & seal" rougher pavement to scuff the new tire up all the way out to the edge,
or wherever my chicken line is....(since I removed those worthless extension front footpegs, I no longer scrape them in most of my turns, although I have
drug my left boot under the shifter a few times, when I forget I am gonna lean her way over...)
I want to elicit Opinions on Rear Tire PRESSURE....I typically run 42 or 44 front & back for single or 2-up riding....& I did go to the bigger & GT weight rating Rear to
handle my current loads....(I go about 280 lbs & MammaMoto is about a buck 60....so I am glad the 6GT version is a 75W tire)
Question: since I am now larger tire & also GT higher Weight rating....what are your thoughts on Rear PSI?...42, or maybe even 40?...
-all thoughts appreciated.
thx-DP

I just replaced my rear ( ST1300 ) with larger & GT version of the 6.....I went all the way to 190/55/17.
getting ready to roll her out of the garage & use the "chip & seal" rougher pavement to scuff the new tire up all the way out to the edge,
or wherever my chicken line is....(since I removed those worthless extension front footpegs, I no longer scrape them in most of my turns, although I have
drug my left boot under the shifter a few times, when I forget I am gonna lean her way over...)
I want to elicit Opinions on Rear Tire PRESSURE....I typically run 42 or 44 front & back for single or 2-up riding....& I did go to the bigger & GT weight rating Rear to
handle my current loads....(I go about 280 lbs & MammaMoto is about a buck 60....so I am glad the 6GT version is a 75W tire)
Question: since I am now larger tire & also GT higher Weight rating....what are your thoughts on Rear PSI?...42, or maybe even 40?...
-all thoughts appreciated.
thx-DP
What can you say about the larger tire after a month and a bit now...?

Top Bottom