RoadSmart wear

I am working on my 5th RoadSmart, and it has been getting close to the wear bars. So, I have been watching it closely. Today I noticed cord showing, which surprised me. Since it appeared I still had tread life left. I have noticed before on some of my other RoadSmarts that one side would be worn very smooth, and the other would still have some tread left.
But, here is a photo of my tire. Has anyone else noticed uneven wear like this?

Mellow

Joe
Admin
Bike
'21 BMW R1250RT
2024 Miles
Hard to tell for sure but you are clearly showing a wear bar on the left. THAT is when they need to be replaced. Some tires' wear bars are not in the center of the tread and so it sometimes looks like there should be more life left when in fact they are at the manufacturers 'suggested' replacement condition.

Tires also don't wear evenly so never just look at one spot when checking, look at the entire tire.

Firstpeke

NT1100D
Bike
Honda NT1100
STOC #
How on earth can you have cord showing through when there is clearly a tread groove still visible?

Something not right there.....:shrug2:

Bike
ST1300
Will be changing to another RoadSmart for the front tire on Thursday ... got about 17,400 miles on this one with pretty even wear. Still a smooth and sticky ride.

v8-7

Site Supporter
A contributing factor could be flat spotting due to tire lock-up on the brakes .

Top Bottom