Rolled over 50k miles

scwten13

Burnt Orange is faSTeST!
Bike
1997 ST1100
STOC #
My 97 ST1100 rolled over 50k miles while traversing The Dragon aka Deals Gap. Can't think of a better place. ONWARD!!!!

Shadowfax-ST

As ridden by Pat
Bike
White 08 ST1300
Congratulations on reaching the half century landmark at such a landmark! That's a young-in-miles 1100; wow :D What's their name?

Mellow

Joe
Admin
Bike
'21 BMW R1250RT
2024 Miles
Congrats, are you the original owner?

OP
OP
scwten13

scwten13

Burnt Orange is faSTeST!
Bike
1997 ST1100
STOC #
I haven't came up with a name yet, nothing seems to really fit...No, I'm not the original owner. I purchased it from MR Honda in Asheville NC. One of the employees there had it and sold it through the dealership. He rode her HARD and put her up wet many times. I learned a lot about STs quickly because of all the little things the bike needed. It had 3 different keys because the previous owner had cobbled the bike together, I assume after a wreck because of damage I have uncovered on the right side. The original red paint was scuffed front to back and she came with a Corbin seat. I did a little research on the title for the ST when I was looking for a Honda Insight and the ST title came up as salvage. Doh! I rechecked the title I had for the bike in my hand and it said it was clear. I called the dealership and man, did that little fact get their attention!! Selling a salvage titled bike through a dealership seems to be a BIG no-no. Long story short, I got a new right side mirror, a new lock set, and a fresh paint job. The ABS still doesn't work, but I can live with that. Just goes to show how much a ST can go through and STILL be an awesome bike. The attached picture is from the day on Deals Gap when she turned 50k. The pegs did drag a couple times while following my buddy on his V-Rod. His torque monster would pull hard between the curves but I had so much more lean angle I would be braking in the curves to stay off his back seat. Great machine, the mighty ST1100.

Attachments

Mark

Gotta make tracks
Bike
KTM 525exc
STOC #
Good catch on the title, glad you figured it out and that the dealer stepped up... (might still try and get the ABS out of him though... :D)

Nice Killboy shot!

Mark
P.S.
By your avatar that was/is probably a Police model...

OP
OP
scwten13

scwten13

Burnt Orange is faSTeST!
Bike
1997 ST1100
STOC #
My ST came from the factory as a regular 2 up, I got the police cowl and radio mount on fleabay then filled and smoothed the cutouts that were for the rack that held the light and antennae. Check my album for a few more shots. That Killboy shot is actually the bikes' 3rd time on the Highlights page; once by myself, once while my gf was riding with me, and that last one above.

Firstpeke

NT1100D
Bike
Honda NT1100
STOC #
Nice shot from 'Killboy', when I rode it after Moonshine I think we were up to early for them........

Top Bottom