Rotor cleaner?

v8-7

Site Supporter
What are you trying to clean off ?

Usually the brake pads keep them clean.

Brake cleaner works great for normal dirt and anything greasy .

Bike
2006 ST1300
What exactly are you trying to clean from them? They are usually maintenance-free. If there is anything stuck to any of them for some reason, you can try brake-cleaner (sold at auto part's stores) to spray it down and remove any liquid contaminants, or if there is anything stuck to them use a scotch-bright pad to scrub them.

More info is really needed about what you are trying to do.

Edit: V8-7: are you reading my mind? Trapped in my head, knowing my thoughts? If so, get out...its dangerous in there!!!

Jim

OP
OP
Bike
06 ST 1300
Just replacing pads. Assumed it was a good idea to start clean, There is nothing on them except for what looks like pad residue.
What are you trying to clean off ?

Usually the brake pads keep them clean.

Brake cleaner works great for normal dirt and anything greasy .

Bike
2006 ST1300
If there is some pad residue, try a can of Brake cleaner and the scotch-brite. Be generous with the brake cleaner. You might want a couple cans to do all 3 rotors to have enough to really spray them down. Its cheap...you can usually find it for a couple bucks a can.

Jim

OP
OP
Bike
06 ST 1300
Sounds good, thank you very much.
If there is some pad residue, try a can of Brake cleaner and the scotch-brite. Be generous with the brake cleaner. You might want a couple cans to do all 3 rotors to have enough to really spray them down. Its cheap...you can usually find it for a couple bucks a can.

Jim

Bike
2006 ST1300
You also might want to wear gloves if you haven't used it before. At minimum it really dries your skin out...a LOT. At worse, you could have a reaction, because its pretty strong stuff.

Jim

TMUS

MSF Instructor 32 years
Bike
2006 ST1300a(Marvin)
STOC #
No open flame in area.......don't ask how I know, just don't do it.

Top Bottom