Running lights

Bike
ST-1300A '09/'12
2024 Miles
First, if you set them as yellow and have them on when you turn off your bike, will they be on and yellow the next time you start the bike? The lights I ended up buying need to be turned on each time I start the bike.
Not exactly sure what you mean. This will depend on they are wired. I used relays that are dependant on how the state of the switches. So however the switches are when the motorcycle turns on, that will determine which lights are on/off. The Zmoons are just lights with one wire for each color light and one for ground. How you wire them is up to you.

If you are talking about the Zmoon wiring harness, I can't help you much as I've not used it. I did have a similar funtioning harness for a different brand lignt. If I remember correctly, once power was restored, they would recycle to their primary state which was everything off. I can't remember for sure as I never installed it.

Second, does the Skene controller do more than consolidate where you power the lights and act as a switch?
The main puropose of the Skene controller is to dim the lights. You will have to get a switch to control this. I suppose you could program them to be on with high beams and off when low if you really don't want to use a switch.
The controller will act as a relay so you don't need to instal one. Maybe that is where the confusion is.

You can refer to the following install instructions for more reference:

*Edit* I just read your follow up post and since I didn't use any included switch system, my lights just stay in the same state they were when turned off.

Bike
2012 ST 1300
2024 Miles
STOC #
I love a good lighting thread. Let me add this: mounting lights on the lower fork means it is un=sprung weight and even though the lights don't weigh much the brackets holding them will take a beating. When I mounted lights down there I had several broken brackets resulting in a dangling light looking for a way to get into the wheel -- and then we're off to the races. I don't hang lights down low on the fork anymore. I installed a gusseted bracket coming out thru the "grill" work on the cowl. Not much higher than the fork lights but with a much more substantial bracket.

ST Gui

240Robert
Site Supporter
Bike
ST1300, 2010
When I mounted lights down there I had several broken brackets resulting in a dangling light looking for a way to get into the wheel ...

I installed a gusseted bracket coming out thru the "grill" work on the cowl
Mounting lights on the fork legs is pretty popular but I haven't embraced it for the forces to which the lights and brackets are subjected. A lot of people here seem to have no problems but I pass.

Do you have a pic or link to your handiwork? My personal preference is putting mounts on a stationary platform and at below-mirror level. This sounds worth a look.

Bike
2012 ST 1300
2024 Miles
STOC #
Mounting lights on the fork legs is pretty popular but I haven't embraced it for the forces to which the lights and brackets are subjected. A lot of people here seem to have no problems but I pass.

Do you have a pic or link to your handiwork? My personal preference is putting mounts on a stationary platform and at below-mirror level. This sounds worth a look.
PicsIMG_6847.jpgIMG_6845.jpgIMG_6846.jpg

Sadlsor

Site Supporter
Bike
2008 ST1300A
STOC #
Holy Moly! What happens to your speed and mileage when you go shields up and start pushing out all those photons!

Great pics. Thanks!
Warp speed is the fastest speed we have today, with our limited technology, but it's faster than you have ever been.
Mileage is no longer an issue at that speed, because friction is completely eliminated. In space, there is essentially a vacuum condition.

Bike
2012 ST 1300
2024 Miles
STOC #
Holy Moly! What happens to your speed and mileage when you go shields up and start pushing out all those photons!
Great pics. Thanks!
I take "Let there be light" quite literally. The upper lights, Clearwaters and ADVMonsters are on separate on/off switches and tied to the high beam circuit. This give three conditions for the Clearwaters and the ADVs, the lower lights are on/off, thus giving 18 different levels of lighting choices. At full-on I can out gun a Kingon Bird of Prey.

Top Bottom