running rough

just bought an 2001 its running a little rough and popping back through the air box, I did notice that the fuel tank has pressure when I remove the cap is this normal? the PO replaced the air filter with a K&N, and it also had delkevic exhaust don't know when the exhaust was replaced, it only does this when the engine is NOT under a load, going up small hills or steep hills seams to run fine going to check air filter and plugs, I did put some sea foam in it however I have only got to ride about 50 mile (been raining a lot here) Just wondering if anyone else has had this problem? and what to check for? thanks in advance for the help!

Bike
92 ST1100
Yes, that is normal. Does the K&N still have the foam outer shell on it? If so, remove it, since this has been documented to restrict the the necessary intake air flow.

Bike
2004 VFR 800A
STOC #
Seafoam is good idea, let it set for a few days and do it again if still rough. Replace exhaust and air filter with stock stuff.

Jim

OP
OP
problem fixed reinstalled stock cans and new Honda air filter, now it running great, I did reinstall the delkevic exhaust and problem came back so I guess it was the exhaust more than the air filter, greased splines, changed oil, and new plugs. I guess I will put the delkevic exhaust on e-bay.

Top Bottom