S1000XR

Gerhard

Site Supporter
Bike
2012 R1200RT
Yesterday the BMW dealer in London had their annual "Ride before you buy" event and I decided to book a ride on the S1000XR. It is a really nice bike, powerful, roomy, sounds nice, looks good and was very comfortable. The hour went by much faster than an hour normally does, it was a fun day.

Gerhard

[video=youtube_share;uNAdiOQueBM]https://youtu.be/uNAdiOQueBM[/video]

OP
OP
Gerhard

Gerhard

Site Supporter
Bike
2012 R1200RT
I ride a R1200RT now but I don't think the XR is in my future as it isn't really meant to carry a passenger over long distance. Cherie likes to come on longer trips so that will always be a big part of any decision.

Gerhard

Tor

Making Life A Ride
Site Supporter
Bike
R1200 GSA / S1000XR
Yesterday the BMW dealer in London had their annual "Ride before you buy" event and I decided to book a ride on the S1000XR. It is a really nice bike, powerful, roomy, sounds nice, looks good and was very comfortable. The hour went by much faster than an hour normally does, it was a fun day.

Gerhard

[video=youtube_share;uNAdiOQueBM]
Well did you buy the XR :)? I suspect the RPM limiter was set at 9K, so you didn't really experience the insane power from 9k on up to 12K. It turns wild and evil, to put it mildly. The limiter is removed at 600 miles.

OP
OP
Gerhard

Gerhard

Site Supporter
Bike
2012 R1200RT
The speed limits were such that I couldn't experience 12,000 rpm, 80 km/h but I did push it to 130 a couple of times (50 over you receive a 7 day suspension in Ontario). The bike had over 7,000 km on it when I rode it, it was part of a fleet of bikes that held demo days at all the Canadian dealers over the course of spring and summer.

Reactions: Tor
STOC #
The speed limits were such that I couldn't experience 12,000 rpm, 80 km/h but I did push it to 130 a couple of times (50 over you receive a 7 day suspension in Ontario).
Oh sure, now you tell me! Two weeks ago I saw 170 km/h+ a few times up there...

Top Bottom