Saddleman 3515

Pop-Pop

Site Supporter
Bike
1996 ST 1100
STOC #
Do u guys use these? I have the winter to upgrade my luggage, among so many other things, and discovered i need more room for clothes and lite things.
I bought a used corbin rumbler ( thank you bob h!) and think i should use the backrest for something.
Just wondering if you have had one and what your experience with it was.
Many thanks!

paulcb

- - - Tetelestai - - - R.I.P. - 2022/05/26
Rest In Peace
Bike
'97/'01 ST1100 ABSII
STOC #
Those look handy, but I just use a top box... it's completely weatherproof and more secure. If I'm not camping, I can get everything into my two panniers and top box for as long as I need to travel. If camping, I put that gear in a coupe of dry bags that are strapped (ROK straps) behind me.

OP
OP
Pop-Pop

Pop-Pop

Site Supporter
Bike
1996 ST 1100
STOC #
Those look handy, but I just use a top box... it's completely weatherproof and more secure. If I'm not camping, I can get everything into my two panniers and top box for as long as I need to travel. If camping, I put that gear in a coupe of dry bags that are strapped (ROK straps) behind me.
Thanks! You saw my set up already. It needs a bit of expanding tho! Everything! Better tent, sleeping bag bla bla bla!
Hope you go to georgia this spring. Its just a little hop for you, right?
Ill keep looking at the hards but i really hope to find something different.

paulcb

- - - Tetelestai - - - R.I.P. - 2022/05/26
Rest In Peace
Bike
'97/'01 ST1100 ABSII
STOC #
I think that 3515 looks really handy, just doesn't appear to be waterproof, which would be a deal killer for me. It does have a rain cover, but wonder how well it really works... it's hard to keep stuff dry in all day rain, unless it's in a dry bag. None of my three tank bag rain covers have worked perfectly. My two dry bags have.

Take your time on accumulating camping 'stuff'. Much is unnecessary and often times, the cheap stuff is 'good enough', especially if you only use it a few times a year. That being said, get a good sleeping bag and sleeping pad... we all need a good night's sleep.

OP
OP
Pop-Pop

Pop-Pop

Site Supporter
Bike
1996 ST 1100
STOC #
I think that 3515 looks really handy, just doesn't appear to be waterproof, which would be a deal killer for me. It does have a rain cover, but wonder how well it really works... it's hard to keep stuff dry in all day rain, unless it's in a dry bag. None of my three tank bag rain covers have worked perfectly. My two dry bags have.

Take your time on accumulating camping 'stuff'. Much is unnecessary and often times, the cheap stuff is 'good enough', especially if you only use it a few times a year. That being said, get a good sleeping bag and sleeping pad... we all need a good night's sleep.
Its funny you say that. I went across w two dry bags. They are excellent. I might just go to a third
5B4B6633-17ED-47C9-B360-505ED33A6C6D.jpeg

Attachments

Bike
'06 ST 1300
STOC #
i haven't had the trunk on since early '16, been using a wolfman expedition small dry bag mostly. i have a medium if i need more room20180712_103653.jpg

Top Bottom