Sargent or Corbin Solo

Hello All.
I'm new to the forum. just bought a 2016 PAG and will probably get a seat and crash bars.
I see lot's of folks like the Sargent. The only other company that I have seen so far is Corbin. On most M/C sites people seem to love them or hate them.
It is always said that they a firm like a horse saddle. Are there other companies ?

thanks,
JJ

paulcb

- - - Tetelestai - - - R.I.P. - 2022/05/26
Rest In Peace
Bike
'97/'01 ST1100 ABSII
STOC #
Not sure what a PAG is, but another good seat is Terry Adcox in Tennessee. Also, look at Seth Laam in California.

Kevcules

Site Supporter
Bike
2008 ST1300
Russel Day Long (RDL) is another option, they have a lot of satisfied customers I hear. I was not satisfied and feel it was a wasted expensive venture. I'm interested in a "Terry" seat .... I'll have to do some seat research over the winter season.....
Different seats for different "seats" I guess. Hope you find one that works well for you.....Good luck....

Obo

Bike
'03 ST1300A
Hello All.
I'm new to the forum. just bought a 2016 PAG and will probably get a seat and crash bars.
I see lot's of folks like the Sargent. The only other company that I have seen so far is Corbin. On most M/C sites people seem to love them or hate them.
It is always said that they a firm like a horse saddle. Are there other companies ?

thanks,
JJ
I have a Corbin on mine (front seat only, stock rear, non police model) and while it is indeed firmer than the OEM seat it's wider and more comfortable.

Bike
2012 ST1300A
Hello All.

thanks,
JJ
I just bought a Sargent. They are running a sale right now. They are very good at communicating with the customer. They said my seat was held up a week (I had no clue) but it arrived in 7 days and inside the box was a very nice Sargent hat with a thank you note. The seat is very comfortable and about 2" wider in the back than the stock seat. It does not affect my ability at all to touch the ground when I put a foot down. I'm 6' tall with a 32 inseam and I have the seat in its highest position. Those two additional inches in width take the pressure off my hips so I experience fewer hip cramps. I didn't get the back seat because my wife can't ride due to a neck injury and to insure her I was not picking up chickies and taking them for rides, I installed T-Rex luggage protectors in lieu of the rear foot pegs (just kidding about the chickies part.) I would totally recommend the T-Rex company even though there were some issues with my order. I ordered the black and received one chrome and one black. That would be cool if you like two different looks on your bike. I let the company know and they had a new one to my door in 4 days. When this one arrived, it looked like the metal had not been poorly prepped before having it powder coated. I called them again and they had a new one to my door in 4 days along with a very nice t-shirt. The finished product is very well done and I will be happy if I never have to replace the skid plate on the luggage bar.

I'm taking a trip in a couple days so I ordered these highway pegs to let me stretch my legs out on the ride. The plastic cover is just a little too small to cover the bracket so I will ride without the covers and then take the pegs off when I get home. I found them on Amazon for $51 because the box was damaged (regularly $147). I'm thinking about taking the 3D printer class at my local junior college to see if I can make those plastic covers just a little larger to accommodate the clamp. The arms have limitless adjustments so I put them a little forward with the peg pointed down a little bit so I can rest the back of my heel on the peg and get a full extension. The bracket was for 1" round tubing so I made a spacer out of 3/4" PVC and it worked perfectly.

Attachments

OP
OP
Jammin'John
Thanks Obo and mcarver. mcarver,is it common to mount pegs there ? I'm 5' 7" with a 27" inseam. Could I reach those highway pegs ?

JJ

Bike
2012 ST1300A
Thanks Obo and mcarver. mcarver,is it common to mount pegs there ? I'm 5' 7" with a 27" inseam. Could I reach those highway pegs ?

JJ
There are other companies that make highway pegs for the ST but they don't give me the extension I need. You might want to see if someone in your area on this forum has PCR blades installed and maybe you could try them. They might be fine for you and then you would never have to take them off. There is also a company called Mick-O-Peg but they are expensive http://www.ridingiswonderful.com/

Bike
2010 ST-1300
I have a Sargent and really like it. I had it upholstered to match my stock rear seat. Saved quite a bit of cash seeing how nobody rides back there. Somebody had one for sale in the classifieds for $100.00

V4 Rider

Site Supporter
Bike
ST1300A4P
Have had Sargent for 10 years.
One acquaintance swore by Russell Day Long, I found it awkward to get leg down when stopping.

Think it is best try before you buy if you can.

ST Gui

240Robert
Site Supporter
Bike
ST1300, 2010
I assumed a PAG (because it's a 2016) is an ST1300PA but I don't know how the G fits in.

woodybelle

Site Supporter
Bike
2006 ST1300
I got a Bill Mayer seat in Ojai, CA in 2007. It is a great seat. I can ride for 12 hours and the seat still feels comfortable. It has held up well, 80k later and it still looks new.

OP
OP
Jammin'John
Thanks for the info woody. I don't think I could ride 12 hours in a day. I usually ride 200 to 300 miles per day but I do it a lot. 186,000 miles on my Stratoliner.
Good to know though. I'm leaning toward a Russell or a Sargent so far but I am open to ideas. Man,those Mayers are a lot of cash.

JJ

Kevcules

Site Supporter
Bike
2008 ST1300
Thanks for the info woody. I don't think I could ride 12 hours in a day. I usually ride 200 to 300 miles per day but I do it a lot. 186,000 miles on my Stratoliner.
Good to know though. I'm leaning toward a Russell or a Sargent so far but I am open to ideas. Man,those Mayers are a lot of cash.

JJ
I was surprised how much the Russel seats were. Are you saying the Mayer seats are more? Wow!

Top Bottom