Seduced by a red temptress

Bike
BMW RT, DRZ400
STOC #
I love them and they have a distinct personality which I find lacking in the K bikes.
Mus' be that twin engine. Twins are just cool :)

On the other hand all that HP in John's 1300 does a neat job of making up for it's extra cylinder sin. :p:

Bones

Your Humble Scribe
Bike
2014 BMW R1200RT
STOC #
:plus1: on the capabilities of the VFR and it's V-Tech engine. It's quite a bike and I know a number of peeps that tour on it as well.
I'm curious how that V-4 works in the 800 CrossTour that was released last fall. Assuming we'd ever get it in the USofA. Could be an interesting step up in performance from a Versys, although a step up in weight and complexity, too. One of the best things about the Versys is a straightforward, uncomplicated, upright, do everything bike. Carl, I have you to blame for turning me toward that kind of platform. ("You know, Bones, a bike doesn't need a bigger motor if it's lighter..." said one little guy to the other around a campfire before the cops broke up the party.)

Bike
BMW RT, DRZ400
STOC #
SURE YOU DO
Gee, I thought I'd skate by with that one :angdev1:

("You know, Bones, a bike doesn't need a bigger motor if it's lighter..." said one little guy to the other around a campfire before the cops broke up the party.)
Ha, the crazy old Bat at the window, I forgot about her and the Cops. They were embarrassed to have to say anything... :beer2::poPoST1:

Yep, not only does it not have to be bigger, but that sort of platform carries its own kind of extra fun, given the right sorts of roads and explorations.

I'll check out the model you mentioned, haven't kept up the last year or more due to a flood of other things to care for.

Bike
BMW RT, DRZ400
STOC #
Just poked around a bit, V4 800 Crossrunner is the name. I was all excited reading about it being the VFR Vtech engine etc. Then I read the weight spec... same as a BMW RT when wet. SiiiGHHHHHHHhhhhhhhh. Honda is in love with building over heavy bikes for what they are. Keep the Versys for now. It's a sweet hop on and go anywhere bike. If I could keep the SV and still get the RT I would, doesn't look that way if I want the non power assisted brakes though.

I did some checking on a few BMW sites. Some people like the power assist just as many if not more hate it. One thing nobody said was that it was an improvement over the regular ABS brakes. BTW, this was really bad polling on my part.

dduelin

Tune my heart to sing Thy grace
Site Supporter
Bike
GL1800 R1200RT NC700
2024 Miles
STOC #
I did some checking on a few BMW sites. Some people like the power assist just as many if not more hate it. One thing nobody said was that it was an improvement over the regular ABS brakes. BTW, this was really bad polling on my part.
I read somewhere that EVO servo assisted brakes on a R1150 (???) allowed a stopping distance 9 feet shorter from 100 mph compared to non EVO. Otherwise I have never heard or read anything rave about them but plenty dissing them. Of course you know that BMW dropped them on R bikes several years ago.

Top Bottom