Seen this? V85

Bike
VStrom 650
moto-guzzi-v85-concept.jpg

Nice interesting looking bike from M G.
V85 to mark M G's return to the Adventure Bike market after the demise of the Stelvio. It was killed off by Euro IV over here.
It's a real to be released bike apparently. Hope it's big enough for full size people unlike the 800 range from BMW.
Thought I'd share.
Upt'North.

OP
OP
Upt' North
Bike
VStrom 650
And it seems they've got 80 bhp out of the 850.
If the weight is down around 200, it could be an interesting bike.
Surprisingly narrow too, panniers wouldn't help though.
Upt'North.

Dale_I

Incorrigible Idealist
Site Supporter
Bike
08 FJR1300/01 ST1100
2024 Miles
STOC #
I like it, but agree that panniers would start making it bulky. It is why I've loved the ST from first sight. The panniers fit... they looked like they were supposed to be there.

Alas, the current style seems to be finding the largest silver square box and bolting it to the side...

OP
OP
Upt' North
Bike
VStrom 650
I like it, but agree that panniers would start making it bulky. It is why I've loved the ST from first sight. The panniers fit... they looked like they were supposed to be there.

Alas, the current style seems to be finding the largest silver square box and bolting it to the side...
Dale, I know you know this, but you are so right.
When I follow or park up next to other bikes with after market panniers you think......" God that's wide"!
Some of the bikes with manufacturers kit aren't too bad but I was looking at a 1200 GS the other day and it was as wide as a city car. Good luck filtering with that. I had a CBF 1000 with Honda luggage and it was probably about the same as the Pan in width.
We will have to wait and see.
Upt'North.

DSC01819.jpg nice sensible panniers and a good number plate, and strangely a Guzzi.

Last edited:

ST Gui

240Robert
Site Supporter
Bike
ST1300, 2010
I don't care for adventure bikes the way many don't care for cruisers. But given that they're adventure bikes that are in theory meant to be operated form hither to yon and remote points in between the typical utilitarian steamer trunk/steampunk luggage is very functional. Few worries about filtering through vehicle traffic.

The aesthetic of ADV bikes is different from a touring or sport-touring bike and I'm not able to appreciate that. Maybe if Halliburton made some luggage for adventure-light then the profile could be kept somewhat slim and the look improved.

This could be especially useful given a number of ADV bikes will never see off-road let alone a cross-country trek with little to know pavement.

OP
OP
Upt' North
Bike
VStrom 650
StGui, how do you get to Hither to yon and remote points? Oh yes on roads, unless of course you trailer it so you don't get it dirty.
I hate the term adventure bike, it's a nonsense, most are riding up and down the same roads as all other bikes, they are here anyway. Albeit you obviously need full off road gear to ride it on the road and don't forget to stand up on the pegs at every opportunity expecially on motorways, look at me, look at me! But your view on ADV bikes is shared by many although I'm more of a, "for gawd sake not another GS1200", type of Gui.
Having said all that, I still think this could be a useful bike.
To each their own.
Upt'North.

acedantinne

Site Supporter
Bike
04-st1300, 15-1200RT
STOC #
America’s only 3 TT in country. Rode both 241515I

Last edited by a moderator:
Bike
2010 ST1300
194556 nice sensible panniers and a good number plate, and strangely a Guzzi.
Are you sure that's a Guzzi? It looks to me like a carb's air filter and not a cylinder head - or is the air filter just blocking our view of the cylinder? If it is, then like you said it's a strange one, and the fairing and lowers are aftermarket.

Jethro

R.I.P. - 2023/10/20
Rest In Peace
Bike
2006 st1300
Seen the tt850 at Toronto bike show , went back to drool over it 4 separate times. Love it. Bought a 2008 Kaw. KLR 6650 low Kms. for less than the tax in Canada for the Guzzi. Love the re- intro to a smaller bike. Maybe not the same but both are low tech. Easy maintenance bikes.

OP
OP
Upt' North
Bike
VStrom 650
Are you sure that's a Guzzi? It looks to me like a carb's air filter and not a cylinder head - or is the air filter just blocking our view of the cylinder? If it is, then like you said it's a strange one, and the fairing and lowers are aftermarket.
Yes it was a Guzzi, German registered, it was on the Stelvio, Italy.
Can't say what model but I think(?) it may have been a single but with twin pipes, I think the top pipe had its downpipe on the other side. You are right, you are looking at filter and carb which I think was a downdraught.
I've checked, but I've trashed any other photo's of it. If you zoom in you can see the Guzzi badge on the tank.
Upt'North.

acedantinne

Site Supporter
Bike
04-st1300, 15-1200RT
STOC #
Dean, I some how deleted picture of the full load TT85 in matt Black. Rode them both at Americade this year. 12 mile ride. Really like the ride. Not so small as I thought. Ride leader had us doing 85 on a short highway stretch to get out of town. Hills, about 4 miles of twisty's . Fun ride. Too new to throw money at?
See U at Glenn Pine RTE

Ron

Bike
ST1100s
STOC #
The tank is rather small for a real Adventure bike. I wouldn't want to get too far off road.

Top Bottom