Shad Panniers on VSTrom 650 2017

Da Bear

Ask me about my cat...
Bike
'03 ST1300
How's your cat?
Better; was touch and go this time last year. He's leash trained, and alerts when I'm getting too close to an explosive rage incident, so losing him would have been just plain bad all around. @thervcat on FB...
As for the Shad Paniers; I called my friend about them. He just ordered a Shad top box, if that tells you anything...

Nashcat

Site Supporter
Bike
2015 Versys 1000LT
STOC #
Now what can I buy next.......
Did Suzuki fix the problem with the headlight switch, or do you still need to add a relay? On my ‘15 Wee the headlight current ran through the switch, shortening the life of the contacts. You can find a plug-n-play relay harness to fix if needed.

John

OP
OP
Upt' North
Bike
VStrom 650
Did Suzuki fix the problem with the headlight switch, or do you still need to add a relay? On my ‘15 Wee the headlight current ran through the switch, shortening the life of the contacts. You can find a plug-n-play relay harness to fix if needed.

John
Not aware of this John, thanks for the pointer.
Ray.

Nashcat

Site Supporter
Bike
2015 Versys 1000LT
STOC #
Ray, you need to replace those barn doors that Suzuki calls mirrors. Grab a pair of Aprillia style mirrors and cut out some of the turbulence.

Terrible picture, but you can get an idea of the shape.

73BC6706-FD66-4B68-B0E4-E8633599A5AD.jpeg

OP
OP
Upt' North
Bike
VStrom 650
Ray, you need to replace those barn doors that Suzuki calls mirrors. Grab a pair of Aprillia style mirrors and cut out some of the turbulence.

Terrible picture, but you can get an idea of the shape.

73BC6706-FD66-4B68-B0E4-E8633599A5AD.jpeg
Yes John, I've been reading about that. They say that extenders help, I think you had them as well.
I'm going to work on the aerodynamics once the seat is back from Les.
I've actually been pretty pleased with the weather protection so far, but I suspect the mirrors are throwing that wind at my chest area. With the seat 2" higher who knows how it'll feel.

Nashcat

Site Supporter
Bike
2015 Versys 1000LT
STOC #
Oh yeah, I forgot about the extenders. I also had the full Scorpion exhaust system and a Power Commander to adjust the tune. And lowered foot pegs, an assortment of windscreens, bash plate to protect the oil filter, Ram ball mount that replaces the handlebar mount screws, Ram ball on the mirror extenders. The farkleing never stops. It’s a vicious cycle.

John

Top Bottom