She said yes... ;-> (NT700VA)

Now look what I found...

Shake twice for OFF, once for ON... ;)

IMG_20200509_114848.jpg

After fixing the SENA SR10 issue, we still had the radio quitting after 2~3 attempts on the road...

So I cracked that Kenwood 12V supply adapter (dummy battery) open to find this... ah-ja...
Multi-meter confirmed intermittence somewhere within that "PRC circuitry"...
Kicked the bugger out and replaced with a solid buck step-down PCB set to the appropriate voltage...

Com-check... 10-4... :cool:

Last edited:
Interesting to observe how the type of vehicle changes riding style...

On the ER-5 she was hesitant, slowing significantly for corners, rather queuing up behind the cars then filter, life as an insect and that...
On the NT it's like a different person, not only keen to make use of the new possession on any possible occasion, it's like nothings holding her, filtering by stationary cars up ahead, the light turns green and she's gone, turns or ramps are no "obstacles" anymore, no brake lights, she just zooms through, using the kinetic energy...
She also points out the increased prominence of the NT, car drivers taking this bike far more serious and rather not swerve into her lane, from other issues she can simply throttle away... :cool:

Martin, does the front brake caliper of her new Honda NT have more than one hydraulic hose leading to it?

(Are its brakes fitted with CBS?)

Martin, does the front brake caliper of her new Honda NT have more than one hydraulic hose leading to it?
(Are its brakes fitted with CBS?)
Its only a "linked brake system":
- the front master actuates the two outer pistons in each front caliper
- the rear master actuates the center piston of the left front caliper and a PCV operating the two rear pistons
So not a full CBS as known from the ('96 onward) 1100 or the ST1300 (which both have a lot more plumbing)...

NT700VA linked brakes.jpg

But the setup gives a decent feedback and firm, powerful stopping

Now look what I found...

Shake twice for OFF, once for ON... ;)

View attachment 254915

After fixing the SENA SR10 issue, we still had the radio quitting after 2~3 attempts on the road...

So I cracked that Kenwood 12V supply adapter (dummy battery) open to find this... ah-ja...
Multi-meter confirmed intermittence somewhere within that "PRC circuitry"...
Kicked the bugger out and replaced with a solid buck step-down PCB set to the appropriate voltage...

Com-check... 10-4... :cool:

Was this a homemade solution because it looks like it.

- the rear master actuates the center piston of the left front caliper and a PCV operating the two rear pistons
So not a full CBS as known from the ('96 onward) 1100 or the ST1300 (which both have a lot more plumbing)...

View attachment 255279

But the setup gives a decent feedback and firm, powerful stopping
Interesring..Looks like agood way to proceed.

Was this a homemade solution because it looks like it.
Nah! This was sold as accessory for Kenwood TK-3101 radios... :confused:
Since it started to crap out I cracked the case open to investigate... :scared2:

• Haha
Reactions: Obo
But the setup gives a decent feedback and firm, powerful stopping.
So the right front and rear caliper have only one hose and two pistons per caliper?

Still, there is a direct link from the rear master cylinder to a piston of the left front. One cannot brake only the rear wheel. I would miss that possibility.

Does it have engine guards so that a tipover is not a major concern?

Last edited:
One cannot brake only the rear wheel. I would miss that possibility.
In theory I would agree, but during the brief tranfers I rode the NT I sensed that trail-braking does work to a degree.
Seems the rear caliper is activated ahead of the line leading forward, or receives just more pressure to begin with.

Does it have engine guards so that a tipover is not a major concern?
As shown in the pic at #64 does the NT have some tip-wings with black covers.
We tried to lay it down on a carpet in the shed to see if it will rest on them, but I sense it will fall over flat at the end; so pannier lids, rear-views and possible the upper fairing are likely to hit the deck...
So they're indeed just engine guards, protecting clutch- and alternator cover, avoiding fatal oil leaks (which would ground you right on the spot) in case you go down...
(attached pic shows the bars with removed fairing)

Attachments

• IMG_20200229_134128_1.jpg
    IMG_20200229_134128_1.jpg
    157.3 KB · Views: 28
Last edited:
Alright... new bike, she's eager to ride... understandable motives...

By the moaning and cursing emerging behind the screen, I sensed that online route planners are just a colorful waste of time and introduced her to MapSource... :cool:

Properly armed she plotted yesterdays +300km route through twisty terrain joyful and in no time... literally... :biggrin:

Wachau, 21.5.jpg

And now my ST displays some pretty odd numbers...

IMG_20200522_101215.jpg

Last edited:
Last w/e the first 4 day/1000km touring for her...
Judging by the tire wear she's getting the hang of it... ;)

IMG_20200612_185746.jpg

She also reported being kinda surprised that the NT exits any turn right at the point she intended to while entering... :biggrin:
Well, since its a Honda frame & suspension it just works... lack of character and that... ;)

Last w/e the first 4 day/1000km touring for her...
Judging by the tire wear she's getting the hang of it... ;)

View attachment 257092

She also reported being kinda surprised that the NT exits any turn right at the point she intended to while entering... :biggrin:
Well, since its a Honda frame & suspension it just works... lack of character and that... ;)
Excellent progress.

Back
Top Bottom